01-04-2012 11:48 AM
The C8180 turns itself off and on, lights flash, shows error messages and no reset works.... shortly after extended warranties run out. There seem to be quite a number of HP printers with the same issue - bad electrolytic capacitors on the internal power supply board. I have yet to see where HP has offered any type of repair to out of warranty customers. I did see posts that addressed the repair for someone who can do it themselves or they were fortunate to find a shop to do the repair. Please post where one can go to get the repair done. I live in Florida and have yet to find a repair shop. Two that I called had C8180's sitting at their shop with the same problem.
01-05-2012 05:53 AM
There is a gentleman online who talks about the repair - Ray Carlsen. I emailed him and he is willing to do repairs as he has successfully done this repair before. I did an online search and came across his page with his email address. There are also some details here on the boards on how to do the repair. I spoke with Brandon Business Machines in Brandon Florida and they are willing to do the repair!
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper