Question
Help-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text
Replies (144)

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 91 of 145 (1,432 Views)

Re: Help-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text

Hello flakylady,

When you say you cleaned the printhead in the sink...did you mean you soaked the printhead as described in the linked thread below?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/HP-6500-Office-jet-E709a-Black-printer-cartrid...

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
flakylady
Message 92 of 145 (1,422 Views)

Yes, I soaked it for 6 minutes (or more) and dried it off thoroughly.  That was the last thing that I tried, because I felt a bit uneasy about doing it.

Top Student
flakylady
Message 93 of 145 (1,421 Views)

Well, I just read the link, and no, I didn't quite do that.  I read on another person's message to soak it for 6 minutes.  I was not exceptionally gentle, but not rough either.  I am now going through the print cartridge cleaning cycle (again!)

Okay, I did the cartridge cleanng cycle three times, and now I am just about out of my three colored ink cartridges.  It appears to be in the same situation as when I started all this.

I really don't think it's a matter of cleaning the cartridges, because of the way the print just got lighter and lighter.  Some of the words that were printed kind of had white horizontal lines going through them, then it just stopped being able to be seen.  I just put in my brand new black ink cartridge, and it didn't print either.  Thanks for your help

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 94 of 145 (1,410 Views)

OK, sounds like this may be an issue that either needs repair or replacement. HP may be able to offer some out of warranty options. Check out the link below for details:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02652026&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=5199463

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
travelgeorge
Message 95 of 145 (1,312 Views)

Nothing Helps-HP Officejet 6500-Won't print Black text

[ Edited ]

Tried everything including the suggestions by the  "Experts" {Content Removed}

My 6500 stopped printing Black with cartridge half full and replaced with new out of the box cartridge, no success!!!!!!

Then tried all the suggestions including Print Head Cleaning, etc. and nothing brought back the black.    All other colors work perfectly before during and after all attempts.

Black doesn't work and it is clear HP couldn't care less.   After 2 HP printers have given up on me will by a decent Japanese printer.  

BTW my HP computer is the worst computer I ever had and quality is terrible on that also, down to the case which started turning color the minute the warranty ran out.  

Good luck to the rest of you trying to solve this problem, I give up.

{Content Removed}

Student
cheriem
Message 96 of 145 (1,205 Views)

This cleaning process worked great for me.  Thanks!

Honor Student
travelgeorge
Message 97 of 145 (1,167 Views)

Why should I have to pay to fix this.   I have several time had to buy new ink cartridges because the brand new ones did not work right out of the box.  

For what I've wasted in Cartridges and time, I finally trashed the HP and have a Canon that prints better and especially the pictures.

All this forum did for me was waste time & ink, so I will happily not be using it again. 

No Kudos as your message was not the least bit helpful as I found your suggestion on my own well before that.

Student
Home_Examiner
Message 98 of 145 (1,043 Views)

I've had this happen for the second time now, I've tried all the suggestions and nothing works. I had to replace the first printhead and now it looks like I have to do the same with this one. I print something almost every day so I think it gets plenty of use with little time to dry out or whatever. What is HPs stance on this problem? It seems to affect a lot of people and has died on me twice is two years.

Honor Student
CherylOake
Message 99 of 145 (1,033 Views)

I, too, gave up and bought a Canon.  First time it happened, I was able to fix the problem after a week.  This time I was at it for a good month and wasted all my colour ink.  I almost bought another HP but am trying out the Canon instead because I was scared off.  So far, it's much better.

Student
devorium
Message 100 of 145 (989 Views)

I need help with the black ink and I have done the following,

First off, I have two HP officejet 6500, one wireless, one wired

The problem I have is with the wireless printer

I Have done the following:

- Ran warm water till the printhead is clear with water, pat dry and used cotton swabs to clean out junk till dry, then let the sun dry it off

- Reset using the # & 3 method,

- Replaced the cartridges

- Let the cartridge settle with the printhead all inside the printer

I have switch out the Inkhead and cartridges with the one that does work, everything works fine on the wired printer. but when I put them back in the wireless, black STILL does not print.

I am now beyond fustrated and can use anyone's help. I'm thinking that the driver may be the issue. if you have any input, by all means let me know. 

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation