Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi d7laungani

Here is a url for troubleshooting the memory card reader.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00059994

If it still fails then I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are available for you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Good day all,
I have an Hp photosmart d110a printer and I am faced with the annoying "memory card error" message with a yellow triangle. I have used a memory card only one time and this has been a few months ago so I am doubtful that is the problem. I have read on other threads that using a other memory card and restarting etc may solve it but so far none of the solutions given have been helpful(note that if I start my printer with a card inserted, it works b-e-a-utifully but the moment the card is removed, the error screen pops up). Now I don't have a problem sending documents from my laptop or desktop to print but it is annoying that I cant scan, photocopy , edit settings, download quickforms etc. Can someone please help me with this issue 😞

I saw that I may need to reset my printer(not restore factory settings...Ps. restoring factory settings did absolutely nothing) and i have read all the relevant information etc with regards to resetting . If necessary can someone also send me these steps?

Thanks so much 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi crackerjr

I understand you are also getting the memory card error and are unable to scan, photocopy.

I will send you a private message with this information.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Can you send me the details too because it still doesnt work.I get the same result as the guy above me.I can print from the computer but not copy anything from the printer itself .Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi d7laungani

Yes certainly.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hey guys I really appreciate the fast answer, however, Gemini02 the steps outlined in my inbox did not solve the issue. I followed it to the letter (twice, mind you) and the error continuously pops back up right after the initial set-up 😞

Do I need to send my unit in to an HP store? Because that would really hinder me as I print a lot of important docs 😕

HP Recommended

Hi crackerjr

You could run the firmware updates on the printer.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02836005

Here is a url for troubleshooting memory card issues.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00059994

If it is the card reader on the printer then I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further
assistance.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better for getting the scan, photocopy working properly.

What operating system are you using? (winxp, win7, win8, win8.1)

How is the printer connected? (usb/ethernet/wireless)

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi, I saw you post on reseting the memory of the HP Photosmart S110a.  I would be forever grateful if you could provide me with the instuctions to conduct the same.  I understand the risks associated with attempting a reset and I am fine with that.

Rgds

Dave JP

HP Recommended

Hi akimsi

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Try reinstalling the computer software

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.