Question

ako Top Student
Top Student
ako
Message 1 of 3 (1,877 Views)
Accepted Solution

No 'Mirror image' checkbox in Advance tab for c4680

Hi! I've just bought a new hp Photosmart c4680 printer  for iron-on Transfers as my previous printer  packed up. After some deliberating and research I settled on this one as it catered for the transfers and it was a make I haven't used before. I know what to do and how to do it, but, I can't cos what it tells me to do is not available ; cl 'Advance' tab, in the 'Features' area select the' Mirror Image' checkbox. There are 2 boxes, 1- 'Enable maximum DPI setting'. 2- 'Enable HP Real Life Technologies'. No MIRROR IMAGE ! Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. Ako.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (1,861 Views)

Re: No 'Mirror image' checkbox in Advance tab for c4680

What operating system?  

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

ako Top Student
Top Student
ako
Message 3 of 3 (1,843 Views)

Re: No 'Mirror image' checkbox in Advance tab for c4680

Sorry I been wrapped up in myself lately. WindowsXP. I've been to and froing emails with HP sevices and their final answer is below.

"Thank you for writing to HP Customer Care.

I would like to inform you that the printer supports iron on transfer however the driver does not have the feature of mirroring the image hence we suggested you to use third party software called Microsoft Office Picture Manager to mirror the image." Being an OAP that is not an option for me.

I've since had them ring me today from( India?)wherever and suggested I use Microsoft Word. I had previously rang Braintree HP Customer Care and spoke to a technician who, after deliberating with another Tech: told me " the Mirror Image is no longer necessary, just select Iron-onTransfer paper and print normally". Does'nt work.  PICASA forum suggests :- highlight pic click >Ctrl-Shift-H to flip horizontal, and Ctrl-shift-V for vertical flip. Worked for some but not for me.

I've got over mine by visiting 'download.com' chose 'free downloads' 'mirror image' search and chose 'Easyimage' sorted.

Thanks for taking time out for me, hope this might help someone like me who's getting fed up with the problem. ako

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation