OFFICEJET MODEL 6310 Error message – “Reset power” (737 Views)
Honor Student
rmacrath
Message 1 of 2 (737 Views)

OFFICEJET MODEL 6310 Error message – “Reset power”

REFERENCE:  HP ALL-IN-ONE MODEL 6310 PRINTER/COPIER/SCANNER/FAX –

A message received on the screen at the front control panel of the machine reads "Reset power", while all lights are flashing green.

Several attempts have been made to “reset power” by returning the machine to its original set-up, as instructed via numerous posts, both from HP Tech Support and from independent sources, but without success.

The reset procedures used were as follows:

Disconnected USB computer cable from printer. Disconnected power cable at rear of machine and at wall socket. Waited 2 minutes. Reconnected power cable directly to wall socket (not a surge protector or power bar); held down "#" and "6" buttons on the control panel simultaneously (for partial reset), and then reconnected power cable to rear of machine, holding both buttons down while doing so until screen went blank, and then released same. Machine then cycled through normal start-up process.

At the end of the process described, everything seemed normal, but within a few seconds the same "Reset power" message appeared and all lights began flashing green once again.

This same procedure was also attempted by pressing the "#" and "9" buttons simultaneously for a "Full reset", but the results have been no different; the “Reset power” message reappeared and the lights begin to flash as before.

These two procedures have been attempted at least three times in succession and the results have always been the same. If this is a defect with this particular HP model, one that can only be remedied by shipping the machine to HP for service at some unreasonable charge (the machine’s warranty has expired), then dumping it and buying a new one, either an HP model or some other more reliable make, may be the only real solution.

If anyone has a real, proven solution to the problem, to save me having to buy a new printer, please provide me with detailed instructions on how to proceed.

Thanks for your help.

Grad Student
dqmcg
Message 2 of 2 (730 Views)

Re: OFFICEJET MODEL 6310 Error message – “Reset power”

Sorry for your frustration on this issue. You've already tries everything I would have you do, so my only recommendation would be to try a new power supply. Other than that, not much more i can offer you on this one.

Dave M.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation