Question

Honor Student
tylo_la
Message 1 of 21 (22,906 Views)
Accepted Solution

Print size is too small

I have a HP C7250 all-in-one. I am trying to print items from the Web and they come out at about 1/4 size. I've searched through every dialogue box I can find, both on the computer and printer and I can't find any reason. Frustrating.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 21 (22,898 Views)

Re: Print size is too small

In most browsers, you'll have the option to zoom into the web page. It's usually available in the View menu, or you can simply use the 'Ctrl' & '+' ad 'Ctrl' & '-' key combo to zoom in and out of web page. Internet Explorer has an option to zoom only the text. So try zooming it in and printing.

If this doesn't work, then the one thing you can do is to copy the web page into Microsoft Word manually, increase the text size and then print it.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
redsfan323
Message 3 of 21 (22,883 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with Firefox, Thunderbird and IE.  What else can we try besides copying everything to another progam...  Some setting somewhere must have changed...

I use Vista and have a HP Officejet J4680.  I've been using both the PC and the printer for several months and the size problem just started occuring a couple weeks ago. 

Student
blwinther
Message 4 of 21 (22,877 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem with Photoshop 4.  Everything that I print ends up about 1"x2" in the very upper left corner of the paper.  Any ideas as to why?  Every other program I use to print something prints fine.  I have an Officejet Pro 8500.

Thanks

Brian

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 5 of 21 (22,868 Views)

redsfan323 wrote:

I have the same problem with Firefox, Thunderbird and IE.  What else can we try besides copying everything to another progam...  Some setting somewhere must have changed...

I use Vista and have a HP Officejet J4680.  I've been using both the PC and the printer for several months and the size problem just started occuring a couple weeks ago. 

Well if there are any settings that can be changed, then it should be in the browser settings. I can't think of anything else that might alter the size of the printed text.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
poppychic
Message 6 of 21 (22,778 Views)

I had the same problem in Firefox and just found the solution.    The default for Firefox causes it to shrink the page.  To fix, click file (in Firefox), Page setup.  Uncheck the "Shrink to Fit Page Width" box.  This should resolve your issue.  You may have to restart or restart Firefox for it to take effect.

Honor Student
jriesberg
Message 7 of 21 (22,707 Views)

I have the exact same problem with my officejet 7310.  I've posted a new message on 02/12 and hope someone has an answer.  From what I can see, PS may be accessing the preferences for the fax portion of the printer.

Jim 

Student
ckebnb
Message 8 of 21 (22,625 Views)

Thanks, I tired everything.  isnt always the simplest  solution.

Student
foxfire63
Message 9 of 21 (22,398 Views)

First - it has nothing to do with your printer.

Second - don't bother with the "edit clip" you can't do anything with the clip as it is an image

Third - try this:

1- select the clip you want to print (little checkmark in the box by the clip)

2- go to "File"; choose "Page setup"

3-  Deselect "Shrink to fit"

4- click on "Change Font" choose a simple font like garamond and choose size 14

5- click "ok"

6- go to "file"

7- select "print" It should now print so you can read it

Student
Carolkp
Message 10 of 21 (20,885 Views)

We followed your suggestion and it worked with the following change: Firefox>File>Page Setup>Scale: 100% [mine had been set at 80].

Thanks for the help.

Carolkp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation