Question

Student
cam598
Message 1 of 5 (6,802 Views)

Printer won't delete document

I have an HP 1350 All-In-One printer.  I'm running XP.  Anyway, I have a document that I'm trying to delete and it won't do it.  It says STATUS--DELETING.  Nothing is happening.  I unplugged and turned off the printer.  When I plug it back in, the message is still there.  I can't print.  Can someone help?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (6,788 Views)

Re: Printer won't delete document

Hi,

From the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and select Sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
ivetteh
Message 3 of 5 (2,801 Views)

I am having the same problem now..I have Windows 8 (trying to adjust) and an HPOfficejet 6500 E710n-z and cannot delete the two documents scheduled to print! Very frustrating....can anyone out there help me?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 5 (2,773 Views)

Hello Ivetteh,

I understand you are unable to delete print jobs from your print queue, using Windows 8. I would like to help.

Try running The HP Print and Scan Doctor which is a diagnostic tool that will find and fix common printing problems, including deleting your print queue.

You can also restart your computer to delete the print queue.

I hope this info helps!

Take care :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
HPoks
Message 5 of 5 (476 Views)

Does HP make any printers that you don't need to restart your computer every time you want a line of print?

You seem happy restarting your computer, this is normal in your experience and anyone who doesn't like it is simply a bad person according to HP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation