Question

Student
ChristineD
Message 1 of 6 (3,854 Views)

Printhead problem, L7580

My mother has the L7580 all-in-one.  She uses it basically as a photocopy machine.

Yesterday afternoon she got the printhead error message for the C/M head.  I've had this before with my L7590, and I was able to clean the printhead without difficulty. 

The problem I'm having is that the error message will *not* go away.  I've held the OK button for the 5 seconds, powered up/down, unplugged, etc.  So I can't actually get to the point where I can print a test page or re-align the printheads.

Any suggestions for how to proceed?

-cd

Master's Graduate
kikokixz
Message 2 of 6 (3,841 Views)

Re: Printhead problem, L7580

hi,

If you had done all the troubleshooting steps mentioned here and here, i believe you need to replace the c/m printhead.

Kiko
Student
kovalsmt
Message 3 of 6 (3,026 Views)

Thank you this worked and I am back in business. Fantastic

Honor Student
JGStinger
Message 4 of 6 (2,930 Views)

I tried all this and it looks simple the prithead is full feels like a shame to replace it for me it's the black and Yellow  I have l cleaned the contacts , turned off and on the printer, took it out from the back for more then 30 seconds and still says "  problem with printhead yellow and black.  

I would hate to buy a new one and waste the money.   

if any case is there a place to get it cheaper then 50 bucks 

but before we go there.  is there any suggestions, btw it started to say this after a printer jammed of paper, what the jam which I cleared has to do with the printhead I have no clue.  usually logically it should say what the problem is

thanks for any help

yours truly 

Tired

Honor Student
JGStinger
Message 5 of 6 (2,927 Views)

I tried all this and it looks simple the prithead is full feels like a shame to replace it for me it's the black and Yellow  I have l cleaned the contacts , turned off and on the printer, took it out from the back for more then 30 seconds and still says "  problem with printhead yellow and black.  

I would hate to buy a new one and waste the money.   

if any case is there a place to get it cheaper then 50 bucks 

but before we go there.  is there any suggestions, btw it started to say this after a printer jammed of paper, what the jam which I cleared has to do with the printhead I have no clue.  usually logically it should say what the problem is

thanks for any help

yours truly 

Tired

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 6 (2,918 Views)

Hi JGStinger, 

Follow the steps in the documents below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01628836&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02762273&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=251...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00839319&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation