Problems with HP Photosmart D110 (11002 Views)
Honor Student
bellefson
Message 1 of 18 (11,002 Views)

Problems with HP Photosmart D110

I've got multiple problems with my printer and it's totally useless right now. First, when I turn on my printer, I get the message "Unable to Copy or Scan". I press OK to continue. Then, I get a message telling me to load paper, even though there is paper already loaded in the printer. Again, I press OK to continue. Then I get the message "Alignment Recommended. The following procedure is highly recommended to calibrate the Cartidges for best print quality. Press OK to continue". I press OK and the screen says "Now printing alignment page..." with a status bar that keeps moving. However, the alignment page doesn't print and I'm stuck at that screen, even after pressing the red X button to cancel. On top of all of this, I hear a buzzing sound when I open the front door to the printer.

I've tried resetting the printer multiple times, but it doesn't do anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions or is the printer just fried? I only bought it a month and a half ago.

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 18 (10,986 Views)

Re: Problems with HP Photosmart D110

Hi,

It looks like you've tried the recommended steps for troubleshooting on your own. 

Since your product is relatively new, I'd call technical support at 1-800-HPINVENT. 

If they don't have additional troubleshooting for you to try and resolve, then they'd be the best people to provide "next steps" with your product.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Student
lumilite
Message 3 of 18 (10,792 Views)

Same here, every time I try to print or copy something, ut says to load paper even when there is paper in it. Also when i try to scan something to my computer, it scans it but i don't know where it sends it to????? Please Help??????

Student
LeilaniP
Message 4 of 18 (8,992 Views)

HI, I have the exact same problem....has anyone figured out how to fix it. I just bought the printer and tried to set it up and this keeps happening even when I turn it on and off and unistall and install. This sucks! Plus, HP phone support is not 24 days a week...just great :smileysad:

Honor Student
dashanddotyahoo
Message 5 of 18 (8,569 Views)

I would like it copy the screen

Honor Student
dashanddotyahoo
Message 6 of 18 (8,568 Views)

what do I do first

Student
junio-Brazil
Message 7 of 18 (7,293 Views)

Open the panel with the printer utilities (clean cartriges, align cartriges, print test page...) found on the right-click preferences panel of the printer icon (under printers and devices).

Now perform an alignment via software. After finished, the hardware alignment will proceed and finish.

Presto, the printer is back.

Best regards from brazil.

Top Student
frazed
Message 8 of 18 (7,250 Views)

This is a horrible product.  All of the problems described in this post are the same problems that I have experienced with mine  from the very first day.  Even IF someone posts a 'solution' to restore the functionality of the printer, it is only temporary at best.  These exercises of having to re-install the software or unplug the printer while pressing a particular button and standing on one foot are unacceptable.  This printer is a complete piece of junk that should have NEVER made it past the developement stage at HP.  I would have paid twice the amount that I paid for this printer for one that works without all of the problems. 

Student
MrHate
Message 9 of 18 (6,350 Views)

We have approximately 10 of these printers where I am employed. They are well know for their difficulty in setup, as well as their ability to just disappear or continue functioning. HP, by far, produces the most end user unfriendly crap (yes, it is crap) that I have ever had the displeasure of working with.

Top Student
frazed
Message 10 of 18 (6,333 Views)

The HP printer has now been collecting dust.  I spent $100 on an Epson WorkForce 645 all-in-one and couldn't be happier.  It's worked flawlessly since the day I took it out of the box.  HP's service is as bad as their printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation