Question

Top Student
SteveF48
Message 1 of 4 (3,767 Views)
Accepted Solution

What damage would result from using inkjet paper in a laser printer

[ Edited ]

The subject says it all really. If one accidentally uses inkjet photo glossy paper in a colour laserjet, would it damage the printer?

If it would how badly would it damage it? What replacement parts would be necessary.

Conversely if laser glossy paper e.g. HP Professional Photo Paper 200 is used in an inkjet, will it damage the inkjet printer?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (3,754 Views)

Re: What damage would result from using inkjet paper in a laser printer

Using glossy coated inkjet paper in a laserjet could certainly damage the laser printer because the inkjet coated paper is not designed to handle the high temperatures of laser printing, particularly the fuser roller.  In a bad (maybe worst?) case the coating would delaminate on the roller, damaging the roller and requiring service.  

Using photo paper designed for laser printing in an inkjet printer should not cause any damage, but the results are likely to be poor, wasting the print.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
SteveF48
Message 3 of 4 (3,728 Views)

Thanks, that's what I expected, but it's nice to have confirmation

Student
normanjones4
Message 4 of 4 (3,598 Views)

i live in the uk i am trying to buy some 100x150 (6x4) laser photo paper for my laser printer. i have found a product HPQ8843A, possibly Mfr Part #: CG970A Product Code: HPQ8843A,  but i cannot find anyone who stocks or sells can you help please

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation