Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do cancel a print or copy job on the Officejet 8600 Pro Premium?  There is no "cancel" button on the control panel.  Do I have to go through the software?  Time consuming -

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

scarlattid3,

The cancel button should be located in the bottom right corner of the screen. The only thing is it's not going to show up until you start the print job or copy and then it should appear for you.

Let us know if you are able to find this.

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

scarlattid3,

The cancel button should be located in the bottom right corner of the screen. The only thing is it's not going to show up until you start the print job or copy and then it should appear for you.

Let us know if you are able to find this.

HP Recommended

Thank you Brandon1!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome. Glad that worked for you !

HP Recommended

I can't get my HP 8600 to cancel a fax  it just keeps resending it

HP Recommended

HI lynntierney,

Have you tried pressing the cancel button on your printer ? If so and it still says resending you might try to turn the printer off for about 30 or 45 seconds and then turn it back on.

Here is a link to a support document that will help with trouble sending or receiving faxes.

Let us know if this helps.

HP Recommended

The idea of displaying "cancel" button after printer is going full speed is wrong.

Clearly a design error.

Perhaps an engineering (software, microcode, imbedded software) change at this point could still be provided and the damage put under control.

Printing a wrong document is a rather common problem.  The person that operates printer will print 5 to 10 pages of wasted paper and wasted ink,  lots of cost to the user and lots of impact to environment!!!

Look into FIXING THE PRODUCT.

Your ESG

HP Recommended

I tries printing but I cannot locate the cancel button on the screen.

HP Recommended

I have an 8610 and there is no way to cancel a print job on the printer as on the last two HP printers I had. If you make a copy a red X to cancel appears, but not when printing. Why? This is very inconvenient, and a waste of paper and ink.

HP Recommended

I purchased and installed the HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer. I can't find and data as to how I can cancel my print request; there is no red "X" on the screen.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.