11-29-2010 07:19 PM
i bought a new printer a year ago with my main concern being with ink usage. our last printer would sit inactive and off for 3-4 weeks at a time and i was constantly replaceing dead cartridges. maybe 40 or 50 pgs (mostly b/w) from websites. the salesman said that printers need to be on 24/7 and this would solve my issue. so i bought the officejet 6500 and 12 months later, i've already gone through 3 sets of cartridges! so my question is: do ink cartridges need to be used more than 5 to 10 pages every month to keep them from drying out and does leaving the printer on make a difference?
thanks for any input
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper