09-21-2011 11:27 PM - edited 09-21-2011 11:35 PM
Getting E8 error code. Unplug power and turn again but same error. is it expensive to fix this problem
Can it be fix. What is the problem. Is it worth it.
09-22-2011 12:30 AM
I don't know this product, but I found this page that describes the error codes for that printer.
That page says that E8 means "The product has experienced a fatal error from which it cannot recover."
The page suggests you try:
- Turn off the product or disconnect the power cord from the product.
- Wait 30 seconds, and then turn on the product or reconnect the power cord to the product.
- Wait for the product to initialize.You didn't mention waiting 30 seconds, but it looks like you've already tried this. If the error doesn't go away, it looks like the next step is to contact HP support. I don't know what it would cost to fix. I'd contact support at the following link and see what they tell you.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper