Question

Student
ponka69
Message 1 of 3 (17,127 Views)

m1132 hp printer gives me e8 error code. is it expensive too fix this error.

[ Edited ]

Getting E8 error code. Unplug power and turn again but same error. is it expensive to fix this problem

Can it be fix. What is the problem. Is it worth it.

Master's Graduate
skippyjohnson
Message 2 of 3 (17,107 Views)

Re: m1132 hp printer gives me e8 error code. is it expensive too fix this error.

I don't know this product, but I found this page that describes the error codes for that printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02003596&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3965851&tmp...

That page says that E8 means "The product has experienced a fatal error from which it cannot recover."

The page suggests you try: 

1. Turn off the product or disconnect the power cord from the product.
  2. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn on the product or reconnect the power cord to the product.
  3. Wait for the product to initialize.
    You didn't mention waiting 30 seconds, but it looks like you've already tried this. If the error doesn't go away, it looks like the next step is to contact HP support.  I don't know what it would cost to fix.  I'd contact support at the following link and see what they tell you.

I am an HP employee.
Student
Frank_at_HP
Message 3 of 3 (7,909 Views)

Re: m1132 hp printer gives me e8 error code. is it expensive too fix this error.

Its a scan error.

Call support and have the printer exchanged. Only way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation