Question

Student
toronelida
Message 1 of 12 (28,216 Views)
Accepted Solution

windows7 res://ieframe.dll/preview.js print error

I updated to windows explorer 9. I have windows 7 on my HP PAVILLION

I can not print from google or orther internet programs.

error message

res://ieframe.dll/preview.js  PLEASE HELP

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 12 (28,185 Views)

Re: windows7 res://ieframe.dll/preview.js print error

Hi,

Try uninstalling IE9 - this will automatically return you to IE8 - see if the problem is resolved by doing this.

You can uninstall IE9 as follows.

Open windows Control Panel, open Windows Update, click View Update history, click 'To remove an Update, see Installed Updates', scroll down to the list under the heading 'Microsoft', locate the entry for Windows Internet Explorer 9, right click it and select Uninstall.  When the uninstall has completed, restart the PC.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Spacemann_Spiff
Message 3 of 12 (22,777 Views)

How can I solve this issue WITHOUT uninstalling IE9?  Shouldn't HP have a fix for this without having the user backtrack on their browser release?

Thanks,

John

Intern
DanSmith
Message 4 of 12 (22,750 Views)

The real repair isn't to uninstall IE9, that's NOT a fix.

99% of the time just:

1) go to the printer control panel, delete the printer.

2) Reboot

3) Run the Printer SEtup wizard again to add the printer back

4) Resolved...

5) Test by printing google.com (uses very little ink when the test page comes out)

Occasionally you have to remove the printer software and reinstall it, but that's rare.

(PS: I fix computers and peripherals for a large international company and do this ALL the time with HP printers and have no issues afterward.)

I work for an internation tech company and personally perform thousands of computer repairs a year. I'm based out of the US working for a US company, and have been working on computers for over 13 years.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
Honor Student
Spacemann_Spiff
Message 5 of 12 (22,739 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Dan.

Hmm, uninstall the printer?  But I just installed it.  Would it already need to be uninstalled & reinstalled again after having just completed installing it?

Anyway, I appreciate the info, but I happened upon a workaround:  Open an IE browser window under "Run as administrator" and then things will print from IE just fine.  For the time being, this is what I'm doing.

When I get a chance, I'll try what you suggest.

Thanks again,

John

Intern
DanSmith
Message 6 of 12 (22,731 Views)

[ Edited ]

John,

I'm not asking you to fully uninstall the printer, that's a rare occasion.  The issue is not (usually) the printer software by HP, but instead when Windows creates the printer profile in the control panel that it doesn't correctly create it with the drivers.

We're not going to completely uninstall all the HP software, instead we're going to remove the corrupt Windows printer profile and reinstall it.  Total time for this on an average computer is about 5-10 minutes to completely repair (including reboot).

1) Navigate to Start Menu > Devices and Printers or Start Menu > Control Panel > Printers

2) Select each printer profile for the printer with an issue, then select remove device/printer.

3) Reboot

4) Navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > HP > insert model # here > Add Printer (or Setup Wizard)

5) Follow the setup prompts to reinstall the printer profile and it recreates the Windows printer.

6) Run the HP Update Tool from Start Menu > All Programs > HP if your printer installs it, rebooting afterwards if necessary.

7) Test by printing google.com (uses very little ink when the test page comes out).

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks,

Dan

I work for an internation tech company and personally perform thousands of computer repairs a year. I'm based out of the US working for a US company, and have been working on computers for over 13 years.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
Student
mvw43
Message 7 of 12 (21,772 Views)

How do Open an IE browser window under "Run as administrator?

Honor Student
Spacemann_Spiff
Message 8 of 12 (21,767 Views)

To open an IE browser & run as administrator--

1.  Left-click on the Start button.

2.  A column will appear.  At the bottom there is a box which says "Search programs and files."  Type "Internet Explorer" (without quotes) in this box.  (DON'T hit "Enter").

3.  A window will appear.  Uner "Programs" you should see "Internet Explorer."  RIGHT-click on it.  (Mine shows multiple versions, and the one I happen to use is the 64-bit version.  Right-click whichever one you wish to use).

4.  Another window will appear.  Left-click on "Run as administrator."

Hope this helps!

John

Student
elnegro1
Message 9 of 12 (21,148 Views)

I get this error whern I try to print out e mail

Tutor
StephenHV
Message 10 of 12 (8,529 Views)

I've got the same problem.

You solution looks good, but I can't get past 4)"Insert model # here".

I can see the model listed with other related software, but not "Add printer (or Setup Wizard).

Any suggestions are greatly appriciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation