04-11-2010 04:34 PM
I have Windows 7 (64bit) on my computer. I want to install an x86 driver for my HP Photosmart C6280 printer so my XP laptop can print to this printer through my home network. I started by clicking on Devices and Printer, clicked on the Photosmart printer icon, right clicked the icon and selected Printer Properties. I clicked on the Sharing tab and the change setting button. I then selected Additional Drivers. I put a check in the box next to x86 and clicked OK. Windows wants me to provide the driver. I can find it on the installation disk for the printer.
How do I get this driver installed on my computer?
04-12-2010 04:59 PM
If you were able to install anything for the printer, then uninstall it. Next, download the correct software from this location:
During the install you can select drivers only or the full software package, I believe.
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper