Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What do you mean by the word, "binned"?  I am unfamiliar with this term unless you mean you removed and stored the printer, banishing it from the kingdom of work??  If you have a useful recommendation, please share.  I am almost ready to give the printer to Goodwill for someone with more time and less resources.  I just like "tried and true" old  products and have a hard time giving them up until I just have to, like now, perhaps.

HP Recommended

"Binned" - Junked, scrapped, thrown away.

I will never again use HP driver  CD's supplied with the product, they install too much bloatware.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarification.  Which printer do you recommend for a small business with 1-2 users only??  It's look like I am buying a new printer since I am going crazy with the HP messages, which I think originate because I am using Windows XP.

HP Recommended

Downloaded latest All-In-One software, uninstalled the printer using it, reinstalled the printer.  No pop-up for a while, even after printing several items.  Hopefully, this fixed it!

HP Recommended

I've been able to get rid of this message by a registry change. (Always back up your registry before modifying it, use this information at your own risk.)  I beleive this is the registry change that is supposed to be changed/made when you click the don't show me this again checkbox.

Browse to HKLM\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HPDJ Printing System Config\then your hp model.  When you click on the key, there will be some items listed in the right hand side.  If you have one labeled hpdjenablestatusclient, the value is probably going to be 1.  Change it to 0.

If it is not listed, Create a new DWORD Value called hpenablestatusclient and give it a value of 0.

After that, you shouldn't see that error anymore.

HP Recommended

Fratz's solution worked for my 7210 all-in-one on XP.  THANKS!

HP Recommended

May God's blessings always shine upon you and yours.  I never thought I would find such a simple solution.  It worked perfectly,

@Fratz wrote:

I've been able to get rid of this message by a registry change. (Always back up your registry before modifying it, use this information at your own risk.)  I beleive this is the registry change that is supposed to be changed/made when you click the don't show me this again checkbox.

Browse to HKLM\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HPDJ Printing System Config\then your hp model.  When you click on the key, there will be some items listed in the right hand side.  If you have one labeled hpdjenablestatusclient, the value is probably going to be 1.  Change it to 0.

If it is not listed, Create a new DWORD Value called hpenablestatusclient and give it a value of 0.

After that, you shouldn't see that error anymore.

and I adore you for sharing this solution. Please have a wonderful holiday and new year.

HP Recommended

The registry fix suggested in Franz's solution seemed to work on the 7300

HP Recommended

Can't find the key for Windows 7.

HP Recommended

I have a F4580 all-in-one but unfortunately the DWORD change recommended by Fratz was already set at 0.  I changed it to 1 which made no difference, then changed it back to 0.

Voila!  Perfect.  The genuine cartridges message now just comes up once at startup, and the other (useful) messages are not affected.  Thank you Fratz.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.