Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Following are some tips to get the best responses in the forum:

Search before posting  Use the "Search" box to see if someone has already asked and answered your question.  If you are looking for drivers start at HP's site here and enter your model number and then operating system.  Similarly, there are troubleshooting pages for many of the more common issues.  Start at the same link as for drivers but click on the "Solve a Problem" link after entering your product number.

Use the Forum, not email  This way others can contribute to and benefit from the answers.

Write Good Titles  Put a short problem description as well as your printer model in the title.  A title such as "Cartridge Error on Officejet 7410" will be more likely to get an answer than a title like "Cannot Print".

Provide Details  Be sure to give relevant information including:

• Problem Description
  • Printer Model
  • Operating System  (including service pack revision)
  • Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
  • Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.  

Watch for Feedback   Subscribe to email updates for your question and/or check your question frequently for responses.  Answer promptly any requests for additional information. If you are having trouble finding your questions you can log on, then click on your username in the upper left.  This will bring you to a page that will show your statistics, including your posts.

Be Patient Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support. The folks here are mostly volunteers, answering questions on their own time.   If you do not get an answer within a reasonable time (a day or so) do not repost your question or post a "bump".  Reread your original post and if there are additional details you can provide then write a follow-up post in the original thread.

Say "Thanks"  When you get an answer to your problem acknowledge the solution.  If the answer is helpful mark it with "Kudos" by clicking on the kudos button.  If your problem is solved then mark it as solved using the "Accept as Solution" button.  This will help others with similar issues find the solution.  Accept as Solution is only available to the poster of the original question in a thread.  The Kudos button can be clicked for any posts you find useful.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Great suggestion. I floated this one to the top of the threads so it will be on top.

GarenT

I worked for HP.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended
It would be nice if we can put this post on the first post of every thread. Something like sticky. Is that possible?
Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
HP Recommended

Hi

Great suggestion. I floated this one to the top of the threads so it will be on top.

GarenT

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

What is the normal response time to a posting?

Made a posting 12/11 "HP PSC 1209 will not print"

termin8or

HP Recommended
How do you start a new question or thread?  I have used other forums, but I don't see where I can initiate a new question.  Hence, I sent smartfriend an email because I didn't know how to start a question.
HP Recommended

"How long to get a response?"

This board is users helping users.  It may take five minutes or forever to get a response, it all depends on a number of factors, including whether anyone has an answer.  For best results give plenty of details as outlined above:

• Provide details  Be sure to give relevant information including:
    • Problem Description
    • Printer Model
    • Operating System  (including service pack revision)
    • Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
    • Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.  

If you do not get a response in a few days please do not repost the same question repeatedly.  It may be appropriate to post a reply to your original post (in the same thread) and providing additional details if you do not get an answer in a week. 

Regards,

Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Message Edited by Bob_Headrick on 12-17-2008 03:46 PM

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

To start a new thread first use the "search" box to see if your question has already been asked and answered.  A search in the Home forum or one of the forums such as the Printing and All-in-Ones forum may also help identify which sub-forum is the most appropriatefor your question.

Next go to the appropriate sub-board forum.  For example, the Printing and All-in-Ones Forum currently has sub-boards for the following:

Install and Setup

Networking and Wireless

Scanning, Faxing and Copying

Software and Drivers

Mac Printing

Other Printing Questions

Pick the category that seems most appropriate.  Some questions may fall in several categories, pick one rather than posting the same question in several. From the Printers forum select the appropriate sub forum by clicking in the "Browse Boards" section.  This will take you  to the sub-forum where you can finally ask your question by clicking on the small "New POst" icon in the upper left just above the "Announcements" bar.

Regards,

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended
I have a hp photosmart c7280 printer that will not print out the Yellow, Light Magenta, and Magenta colors.  The self test diagnostic page indicates that everything is OK, and I have no error messages.  I have new fresh hp ink 100% full in all colors. 
Message Edited by DrewsNet on 12-27-2008 12:07 PM
HP Recommended

My photosmart printer has a paper jam.  I have removed the paper from behind the printer, but I believe there is still a piece of paper trapped in the printer and a staple.  How do I remove this paper when I cannot see it .  Please help.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Please do not post new questions as a reply to this thread, it is likely that folks with answers will not see your question here.  To post a new question see the information in post #7 in this thread.

Regards,

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.