Question

Honor Student
penelope00
Message 1 of 7 (2,734 Views)

7520 photosmart/windows 8

I purchased a new 7520 photosmart and a new laptop with windows 8. The disk does not accept windows 8. I SPENT 2 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH INDIA RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES. I just want to hook this up wireless. If I cant let me know.

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 7 (2,730 Views)

Re: 7520 photosmart/windows 8

HI,

You might try using the Printer install wizard; it should help to install the driver for you.

Print Install Wizard

See if this helps.  It has helped a lot of other customers with Windows 8.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 3 of 7 (2,729 Views)

Hey penelope00,

Most likely the CD that came with the printer was produced prior to the release of Win8.  However, the HP has produced an install wizard to help install printers in Win8.  You can download this tool by clicking on the link below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL44840/mp-109033-2/hppiw.exe

This software will automatically find and install the full feature software you are looking for to use the Photosmart 7520.

Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Top Student
roncacini
Message 4 of 7 (2,104 Views)

Am having essentially the same printer issues. Running Windows 8 and using a Verizon MiFi for my router. CAN'T SYNC THE SYSTEM WITH THE PRINTER TO PRINT ANYTHING. Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 5 of 7 (2,083 Views)

Hey roncacini,

A Verizon MiFi setup is going to be a HotSpot.  This works similar to a home network router setup, but is different in many ways.  The hangup you are experiencing is due to this HotSpot mobile broadband connection.  My best advise would be to use a real home network connection with a true WiFi router.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Top Student
roncacini
Message 6 of 7 (2,079 Views)

Thank you.
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 7 of 7 (2,072 Views)

No problem, roncacini.

Thank you for your participation in the HP Consumer Support Forums.  Please do not hesitate to post again if you have any further questions or need further support with your HP printer.

Best of luck and Happy Printing,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation