12-08-2012 05:13 PM
I have a HP ENVY m6 laptop running Windows 8, and a HP Photosmart Premium C309g printer. I have not been able to connect my printer to my laptop wirelessly, but I can connect it with the USB. I get an error message that the IP address of the printer is not compatable with the IP address of my laptop. I followed the instructions of turning the printer off for 60 seconds then turning it back on, but the IP address is still the same. In addition, my son can no longer connect to the printer wirelessly with his Toshiba Stellite lap top.
Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
12-08-2012 05:33 PM
Set a static IP on the printer outside the DHCP range of the router. Set to a fixed channel like 1,6 or 11, never 'auto'. Once done, download and install the newer full feature software and drivers on both computers from the HP web site. Now try.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)