Question
Drivers for HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer (Windows 8 RP)
Replies (13)

Student
Dady-who
Message 11 of 14 (1,262 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer (Windows 8 RP)

I have tried installing my HP officejet 4620 on windows 8 through USB connection.

The complete instalation is going fine but although I connected the 4620 to my comp through USB cable I get to a screen where I am asked "continue the instalation without conecting now......".

I then have the option to go back or....... to skip.  I cannot continue.

I followed your recomendation to download the drivers based on the operation system I am running (windows 8.1) but the problem persists.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 12 of 14 (1,194 Views)

Hello Dady-who.

I understand you are receiving a message indicating "Continue the installation without connecting now", during the installation.

Did you connect this USB cable to your computer, during the installation? If you did, then follow these steps:

Please uninstall your software from the Control Panel, on your computer. I will provide an HP document on performing this step here. (Make sure you have disconnected the USB cable, from your computer).

Next, clean your Temp folder on the computer. I will provide a YouTube video on performing this step here.

Now, install the full feature software from the CD or the HP website here. Make sure you choose your correct operating system; either 32 bit or 64 bit. (You can plug in this USB cable once it prompts you to during the installation).

Please inform me your troubleshooting steps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Message 13 of 14 (1,113 Views)

Novulux wrote:

HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer

Windows 8 RP

Are there any available drivers for Windows 8 as I currently do not have a PC with an alternate OS installed?

Student
CY77
Message 14 of 14 (753 Views)

I just bought a new harddrive/tower/ HP Pavilion with  window 8.  My HP Officejet 4620 printers is less than two years old.  but the HP Pavilion says it is not compatible with windows 8.  It only takes the older versions.  What can I do?  The printer is in good condition.  I would like to use my new tower with my old software/printer which is in good condition.  It is also HP so the hard drive and the printer should be compatible since it is the same company????????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation