Question

Honor Student
eladabbub
Message 1 of 13 (23,441 Views)

HP Director for Windows 7

Is there a download available? I haven't been able to find one. I'm running a psc 2410. It's prints fine and I can scan images by clicking on the printer in "Devices and Printers", but it only scans to image files. There's no pdf option, and I almost exclusively scan to .pdfs at work. Any suggestions?

Grad Student
samierus
Message 2 of 13 (23,433 Views)

Re: HP Director for Windows 7

Unfortunately as of now there is no full software drivers compatible with windows 7 for your printer. But however if you have a acrobat writer installed on your computer. You can scan it through it and save it as a PDF file. Thank you

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Honor Student
eladabbub
Message 3 of 13 (23,433 Views)

I downloaded a free pdf printer online, but doing it that way creates several pdfs when I want to save the scans to one document. So then I'll have to combine the pdfs into one document. That's just a lot of steps to take when HP Director allowed me to do it with a few clicks.

Thanks anyway.

Student
cjstu95
Message 4 of 13 (23,309 Views)

eladabbub, Did you ever find a solution to your problem?  I used HP Director with my XP system and it worked great.  I have had no luck finding a scanner software that has a PDF option that works an Windows 7.  Any helpful hints out there?.

Student
hally57
Message 5 of 13 (22,732 Views)

I need to update HPDirector software for my HP PSC 1610 all in one printer so that the software will work with Windows 7.  How do I update?  Thank you

Student
philsutton1
Message 6 of 13 (22,498 Views)

Yes, I have the same problem with my PSC 1610.  I also noticed that the in the print-options window, I no longer can print test pages or instigate a cartridge-clean operation.  Does anyone have any ideas please  HP ignore me when I ask them.

Honor Student
sasghar
Message 7 of 13 (21,044 Views)

I am using HP Photosmart 2610. I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I used to HP Director with Windows XP. How do I get HP Director or equivalent now with Windows 7. Thanks for your help.

Grad Student
samierus
Message 8 of 13 (21,003 Views)

Click on the following URL and download the software install it on your computer. I would suggest you to uninstall the old software before installing the new software on your computer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76831-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Honor Student
sasghar
Message 9 of 13 (20,971 Views)

Thank you. Though it does not load HP Director but I have the functionality now. Thanks again.

Honor Student
FabianL
Message 10 of 13 (11,064 Views)

Only solution (and very good) I've found. Combination of iCopy (free), use the option Scan Multiple Pages (Ctrl-M) and, when you finish scanning ALL the pages, then print them in an ONLY pdf file with, for ex., Bullzip PDF printer.

IT WORKS and it's EASIER than the OLD Director HP. I use it with the PSC 1610.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation