HP PSC 1410 Printer, Windows 7, 'device driver software was not successfully installed' (1366 Views)
Honor Student
Nathanos
Message 1 of 8 (1,366 Views)

HP PSC 1410 Printer, Windows 7, 'device driver software was not successfully installed'

[ Edited ]

Attempted to install software for my HP PSC 1410 all-in-one printer on a fresh install of Windows 7, 64-bit professional. I downloaded the software from the HP site that said it contained software to use my printer plus necessary drivers (having made sure to select software for the correct printer and operating system of course!), but during installation I get the error: 'Device driver software was not installed correctly.' The information window with the error states the following: -

USB Composite Device  -  ready to use

USB Printing Support  -  ready to use

HP psc 1400 series   -  ready to use

HP PSC 1400 series (DOT4USB)  -  ready to use

IEEE 1284.4 compatible printer  -  ready to use

HPPSC 1400 series  -  No driver found (red cross against line)

Photosmart 1400 (DOT4PRINT)  -  ready to use

SM Bus Controller  - No driver found (rec cross against line)

I tried uninstalling all the software after the initial failed install and ensured windows had fully downloaded and installed all of its own available updates (and restarted the PC afterwards). I tried to install the HP software again but received the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Honor Student
hspp
Message 2 of 8 (1,215 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1410 Printer, Windows 7, 'device driver software was not successfully installed'

Have you been able to resolve the same, I am facing exactly the same issue.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 3 of 8 (1,210 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1410 Printer, Windows 7, 'device driver software was not successfully installed'

Hello hspp,

Which printer do you have?  How have you tried to install the software - by disc or downloading from the HP website?  What is your operating system?  Can you elaborate as to what you have done, and a little more about your issue?

Thanks

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
hspp
Message 4 of 8 (1,203 Views)

Sorry - here are the details, Printer - HP1410, OS -Windows 7 home premium. I have downloaded file from HP of approx. 367 MB. Installed/ reinstalled thrice. errror it gives HPPSC driver not available..

appreciate your help

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 5 of 8 (1,193 Views)

Thank you for the details.  When does it give you this error message?  When you installed, did everything complete or did it hang up, etc.?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
hspp
Message 6 of 8 (1,188 Views)

it complets installation and  I get windows message your driver is not installed..

Student
soewirman
Message 7 of 8 (848 Views)

Dear HP,

drive driver softwarewas not successfully installed if i try to print document, alwasy come sent to one note 2010 , so document can not print.

thanks for help

soewirman

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 8 of 8 (839 Views)

Hi soewirman,

I will do my best to help you get the PSC 1410 software driver installed. Follow the steps in this document for 'Device driver software was not successfully installed' Message Displays in Windows 7 .

Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation