Question

Tutor
RWindley
Message 1 of 27 (15,283 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP solution center windows 8.1 update & Printer B110a

I upgraded from Win 8 to Win 8.1. HP Printer B110a works fine but HP solution center (14.0 update) does not work as I get an error message saying incomplete installation and to complete setup using setup disk. The setup disk is only for Win 7 anyway. I can't use printer's scanner without Solution Center.

I uninstalled HP solution center and attempted to download the only free Win 8.1 HP solution center I could find but that seems to be associated with a completely different printer so I abandoned the install.

How should I proceed? The Printer dates from  2011, the Desktop from Jan 2013.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 27 (15,274 Views)

Re: HP solution center windows 8.1 update & Printer B110a

Hi,

Please use the following Software and Drivers:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL33100/cj-109714-1/PS_AIO_07_B110_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_408...

HP Scan software may replace one function of Solution Centre/Center.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
RWindley
Message 3 of 27 (15,261 Views)

Thank you banhien.

I've downloaded the software and installed the printer again which still prints. However I don't understand how to scan using B110a wireless printer.

I've never been able to scan by toggling through printer buttons as it always comes up with message to use the PC.

Previously I have always had to scan using the feature in Solution Center but Solution Center is still missing so I can no longer do that.

How do I scan without Solution Centre?

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 27 (15,252 Views)

Hi,

Can you see HP Scan under Program files ?

(Click Start > All Programs > HP > HP [your printer] ?)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
RWindley
Message 5 of 27 (15,249 Views)

Nope can't see anything by that name or with 'scan' in the title, just the HP printer B110 software that was there previously.

Wishing i'd stuck with horrid Win 8 as wasn't worth 8.1 in my mind just to get a partial start button back and be able to resize tiles!

Guess I'll wait a week or so by which time hopefully HP will have issued Win 8.1 Solution Center update which I can then download. Can afford to be without scan function for that long.

Why on earth hasn't this been co-ordinated with the rest of the printer software? Beats me.

Tutor
RWindley
Message 6 of 27 (15,236 Views)

Problem is NOW FIXED!

I uninstalled the Printer all-in-one-series software.

Then I downloaded the Install printer Wizard which is now on the HP support website (rather than the fix suggested by respondent which is the 1st option on the HP support site which should have worked but for some reason didn't).

This correctly re-installed the printer and all the allied software including the elusive Solution Center.

Solution Center works and I can now both scan and print.

Phew, this took all afternoon!

Honor Student
Fderijk
Message 7 of 27 (14,765 Views)

I have an old printer hp psc 2410 (and is an excellent printer) and lost the set-up disk. Now I am using the printer with Windows 8.1.  I have tried to get a Solution Center to set the scanner but no success. Printing is OK. How can I get a Solution Center compatible with windows 8.1

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 8 of 27 (14,680 Views)

Hi Fderijk,

There is no full feature software and driver for the HP PSC 2410 that is compatible with Windows 8.1, therefor you will not have Solution Center. You will however be able to scan still using the Windows Fax and Scan or with Paint.

Windows Fax and Scan Instructions

1. Place the item that you want to scan on the scanner glass, or load it into the automatic document feeder (ADF) if your printer has one.
  2. Right-click the Start button (  ) in the lower left corner of the screen, click  Search  , and then type Fax and Scan.
  3. Click  Windows Fax and Scan  in the results.
  4. Click  New Scan, and then click Scan .
How to scan with Paint

1. Place the item that you want to scan on the scanner glass, or load it into the automatic document feeder (ADF) if your printer has one.
  2. Right-click the Start button (  ) in the lower left corner of the screen, click Search, and then type  Paint.
  3. Click  Paint  in the results.
  4. Click  File, and then click From scanner or camera.
  5. Select your printer, click OK, and then click Scan.

Hope this is helpful.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Student
plean
Message 9 of 27 (12,763 Views)

Re: HP solution center windows 8.1 update & Printer HP OfficeJet 6500 709n

I upgraded windows 8.0 to Window8.1

Then my printer works but my Solution Center does not and it says disconnected.

My printer works and can print but cannot scan't scan.

Please help.

Thank you.

Paul

Tutor
RWindley
Message 10 of 27 (12,725 Views)

Hi Paul, see Nov 16 resolution. My printer is B1100 and the only way I could get solution center to work after upgrading to 8.1 was to uninstall printer software and then reinstall from the HP website which by then had a fix for my printer.
Suggest you look at HP website to check there is a fix for your particular printer 1st and if not, demand one!
RWindley
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation