HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-29-2011 10:56 AM
Help MY dot4 scrubber from hp update is not responding and thus not installing- I have a office pro 7500 Lseries - all in one
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-30-2011 02:47 PM
I also have an HP Pro L7580 & am having the exact same problem. I also have another HP printer & neither one will print or work because of this problem. HELP US PLEASE!
08-02-2011 11:45 AM
I've receved the DOT4 scrubber update from HP twice and tried to install it each time (XP Pro, SP3 system, OJ Pro L7650 printer). Each time the install never finishes (have let it process x2 hrs or better), and each time it disables printing entirely. I know about "Shame on me" when you fooled me twice, but I thought perhaps the second time you had patched it to run properly. Any suggestions for this "Non-Fix"?
08-02-2011 10:32 PM
The DOT4 scrubber is badly flawed and HP has emailed it out several times. Not only does the installation crash half way through installation, it also shuts down the Print Spooler leaving printing disabled. To fix this without a re-start (this is the Win XP process):
Exit out of the DOT spooler patch:
1) Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to start the "Task Manager"
2) Select Applications (at top, left)
3) Select the HP DOT application and answer yes to stop it. Wait a few seconds and exit the Task Manager
Re-start the Print Spooler:
1) Right click on "My Computer"
2) Select "Manage"
3) Select "Services and Applications" (click on the "+" sign to expand the selections), then select "Services"
4) On the right panel, a list of services will appear. Scroll down to "Print Spooler" and select it.
5) On the right panel, select "Restart Service" option that will appear.
The print spooler will restart, your printers will appear, and your computer will print normally.
ps: what is really strange is that HP has no way to report the problem unless your printer is under warranty!
08-03-2011 02:41 PM
David---Many thanks for your instructions. I was able to exit out of the DOT spooler, but the print spooler will not restart. I've tried several times.
08-03-2011 03:16 PM
What really surprises me is that there is no way to report this to HP - unless your printer is still under its brief warranty, they will not accept technical support questions (unless you agree to pay them a fee).