Help MY dot4 scrubber from hp update is not responding (8400 Views)
Student
pack1211
Message 1 of 48 (8,400 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help MY dot4 scrubber from hp update is not responding

Help  MY dot4 scrubber  from hp update is not responding and thus not installing-  I have a office pro 7500 Lseries - all in one

Student
HappyGal
Message 2 of 48 (8,291 Views)

Re: Help MY dot4 scrubber from hp update is not responding

I also have an HP Pro L7580 & am having the exact same problem.  I also have another HP printer & neither one will print or work because of this problem.  HELP US PLEASE!

Honor Student
steveJH
Message 3 of 48 (8,102 Views)

Hey, I'm having the same **bleep** problem!   Help, H-P!!!

Honor Student
lindaph
Message 4 of 48 (8,045 Views)

Same problem - can find no answer - stuck

Intern
DFoster503
Message 5 of 48 (8,010 Views)

I've receved the DOT4 scrubber update from HP twice and tried to install it each time (XP Pro, SP3 system, OJ Pro L7650 printer).  Each time the install never finishes (have let it process x2 hrs or better), and each time it disables printing entirely.  I know about "Shame on me" when you fooled me twice, but I thought perhaps the second time you had patched it to run properly.  Any suggestions for this "Non-Fix"?

David

Honor Student
just2ruthie
Message 6 of 48 (7,937 Views)

Help!!!  My Dot4 scrubber from hp update stopped responding during  installation.  I have an HP Photosmart 3210. 

Thank you.  Ruthie

Intern
DFoster503
Message 7 of 48 (7,927 Views)

The DOT4 scrubber is badly flawed and HP has emailed it out several times.  Not only does the installation crash half way through installation, it also shuts down the Print Spooler leaving printing disabled.  To fix this without a re-start (this is the Win XP process):

Exit out of the DOT spooler patch:

1) Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to start the "Task Manager"

2) Select Applications (at top, left)

3) Select the HP DOT application and answer yes to stop it.  Wait a few seconds and exit the Task Manager

Re-start the Print Spooler:

1) Right click on "My Computer"

2) Select "Manage"

3) Select "Services and Applications" (click on the "+" sign to expand the selections), then select "Services"

4) On the right panel, a list of services will appear.  Scroll down to "Print Spooler" and select it.

5) On the right panel, select "Restart Service" option that will appear.

The print spooler will restart, your printers will appear, and your computer will print normally.

David

ps: what is really strange is that HP has no way to report the problem unless your printer is under warranty!

Honor Student
lindaph
Message 8 of 48 (7,817 Views)

Thank you so much for this advice - I followed it and my printer is working again.  Why can't HP be as helpful?

Honor Student
just2ruthie
Message 9 of 48 (7,817 Views)

David---Many thanks for your instructions.  I was able to exit out of the DOT spooler, but the print spooler will not restart.  I've tried several times.

Thanks---Ruthie

Intern
DFoster503
Message 10 of 48 (7,805 Views)

What really surprises me is that there is no way to report this to HP - unless your printer is still under its brief warranty, they will not accept technical support questions (unless you agree to pay them a fee).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation