Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can't install Windows 8 driver for HP M1120 MFP.

The driver starts installing but then while it's copying files I get a message saying that "this sofware stopped working".

Tried disabling startup programs as advised on the website without any luck.

I definitly run it on admin account.

I am on Windows 8. I have a x64 processor, tried both x64 and x32 version.

I have an old Toshiba Sattellite A100-436.

Please, help.

Marcin 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Mercin,

As the installation fails, try manually installing the software as following:

Ensure your OS type by following the guidelines below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03666764

Next download the software intended for your OS type.

32-bit:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=Im-58402-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

64-bit:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=Im-58730-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

1. Run the driver installation, terminate the installation as soon as the exctract complete and the first installation screen appears.
  2. Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers and press on Add a printer.
  3. Click on The Printer that I want isn't listed
  4. Select Add a local printer, then click Next.
  5. Keep the default LPT port and click on Next.
  6. Press the Have Disk button, then Browse to C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet M1120 MFP Series and click on Open.
  7. Confirm and screen and follow the steps to complte the wizard.
  8. Once done simply connect the USB of the pritner to your computer, the drivers should already be available and it should work as expected.

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi , i have simillar problem installing drivers in windows 7 - 32bit  and printer m1120 mfp. 

I did try many versions of drivers and spent whole weekend searching for solutions i did find just hundreds of desperate people having same problem. 

Could you gimme some really working install guide for this printer? Or anyone in HP. 

Thanks much, hopefully sesolve this issue in month time. 

HP Recommended

Hi Desperate_forHP

I understand you are  unable to install the printer.

Here is the url for the full feature software driver for Win 7 32 bit that you should be using.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=Im-56447-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.

How is the printer connected? (usb/ethernet/wireless)

Is it not finding the printer during the installation?

Are you getting the error message on the printer or the computer?

Is the printer turned on and in a ready state.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hallo,

I think your operation system is not an English version. 

This driver support only English version windows, but you could do a little "cheat" to work. 

1. open windows explorer

2. open C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet M1120 MFP Series\X64 folder

3. create a language directory (Deutsch, Arabic, Hungarian, Catalan, Cestina, Dansk.....what you need)

(in HPM1120.inf file could you find the list of languages)

4. copy the file driver.cab from directory "English" into new directory

5. unplug USB cable from your PC/Laptop

6. run setup from C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet M1120 MFP Series

7. plug your usb wen it's prompted

I hope, it will work.... 

🙂

T5rsaby

HP Recommended

Hello Shlomi,

I downloaded the software. However, at step 1, I made the mistake to terminate the installation BEFORE the first installation screen appeared, i.e. during the installation. Then, I retried to run the installation a number of times, but every time it gets stuck at "Adding printer drivers...", and I have to kill the installation. Would you know how to solve this?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I got the same. "Adding printer drivers....." and we wait for 2 ours, but nothing happens.

My question is the same: how to solve this?

HP Recommended

Problem solved.

The solution is:

- extract the "ljM1120-hb-pnp-win64-en.exe" file with 7-zip or winrar to for example "M1120 extracted" folder.

- In this folder go to the X64 directory.

- In the X64 directory,  create a folder with the same language as Windows 8 (for me it was Nederlands)

- Copy the file driver.cab from the Englisch to the new created directory.

- Go to the folder M1120 extracted" and run setup.exe

- Now the installation finished.

- Go to the configuration screen of Windows and remove the unknown scanner

- Find new hardware and Windows will find and install the new scanner.

Regards,

m_d_b

HP Recommended

When is this going to be fixed?

I can't get those previous solutions to work for some reason.

Totally not going to buy another HP MFP printer again if this is the level of customer service from HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.