Menu changed, scans disappeared...need help! (122 Views)
Student
remy525
Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)
Accepted Solution

Menu changed, scans disappeared...need help!

As of this morning something has changed with my ability to access & use my scanning function on my printer. I have the 3050A J611 series, and used it last night to both print and scan and everything worked just fine. But when I attempted to scan something just now, nothing is fine. 

It used to be (as recently as last night) that when I clicked on the HP desket icon a menu would open that allowed me to choose which task I wanted to perform. Now when I click on that icon all I see is "printer assistant" for which nothing happens when I click on it, "See what's printing" "set preferences" and "customize your printer," none of which have any bearing on this issue that I can find.

It used to be (as recently as last night) that when I scanned something a window would open that allowed me to make some changes to the scan prior to saving it.  It used to be that all scans were automatically saved to a specific file of my choosing. Now this window no longer opens, and the scan goes off to into limbo where I cannot find it. 

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out what happened and/or how to go back to the way things were?

Thanks in advance!

Remy

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: Menu changed, scans disappeared...need help!

Hi,

My suggestion: Restore machine back to last night using Windows Restore:

Click Start > All Programs ? Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Select the Restore point prior to last night.

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 3 of 3 (105 Views)

Menu changed, scans disappeared...need help!

The solution that I've found for this problem is to uninstall the printer and reinstall using the latest drivers. HP released a new driver package for this printer, and all printers that use similar software, that fixes this problem.

HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation