Question

Top Student
lamblips
Message 1 of 10 (7,794 Views)

Officejet 4500, computer won't print

I posted recently but forgot to mention my computer stopped recognizing my printer and would not print anything off my conputer but would still scan and print on the printer, so I thought it must be my printer, which was only 9mo. old but because I had an extended warrenty, I got this new 4500.  But I still have the same problem.  I've tried the utility and many of the suggestions but it still doesn't print.  The printer shows up under printers and devices.  Got any other ideas???

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 10 (7,747 Views)

Re: Officejet 4500, computer won't print

Hi Lamblips; 

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue; 

I will check the media you are using to connect to the computer e.g.. USB cable if you are capable change to networked (Wirelessly) to see if can communicate.

Assuming that you are using Win 7 try installing with  HP Printer Install Wizard

or follow this instructions Click Here  

If this do not help please answer the following questions,

Is this a HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g (where the g is what letter your printer have)

How are connecting the printer to the computer?

What operating system and version e.g. win 7 sp1, are you using? 

Hope it helps;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Top Student
lamblips
Message 3 of 10 (7,741 Views)

Thank you, anyway, but I gave up and called HP for help.  They solved the mess for me.  Now I'm happy!!

Professor
RobertoR
Message 4 of 10 (7,722 Views)

HI lamblips;

Hope you are having a great day;

No problem glad that your issue is resolve.

Best of luck;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Student
Bisto
Message 5 of 10 (7,552 Views)

What was the fix as I am having the same issue

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 10 (7,542 Views)

Hello Bisto

Have you tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor yet? Its a good tool and may help resolve your issue.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
lamblips
Message 7 of 10 (7,536 Views)

Call Hp like I did.  I can't remember all the steps but I was on the phone at least 1/2 hour.  I hope you get as good a wizard as I got!!!

Student
Anderley
Message 8 of 10 (5,644 Views)

Since I upgraded to Windows 7 with SP1 My printer will not recognize my computer.  I have misplaced the CD, but I have downloaded the 510 a driver which walks me through until it says to plug in the USB cable and then it just sits there.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it still stops there. 

Please help me!   How do I call HP?  I'm in Ottawa, Canada

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 9 of 10 (5,614 Views)

Hello Anderley

You can call 1-800-474-6836 for HP Support.

Source: HP Phone Assist Canada

But before calling HP, have you tried switching the USB cable or installing the printer on another computer. When installation problems occur it is best to eliminate the hardware as the possible cause.

Also which model of the Officejet 510 do you have? There are the G510a, G510g, and G510n.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Student
Connie12
Message 10 of 10 (2,939 Views)

I have the same problem.  Everything is plugged for awhile.  First, when attwmpting to print a boarding pass, oinly about 1/3 iof the top of page would print.  Then it would print other docs OK.  Now, the docs are in the queue but will not print.  Any suggestions,.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation