Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@fecomputeridiot wrote:

As I thought I never received a call from RICKY in USA nor from anyother department.  HP Customer service running true to form!

So I called the HP automated service again and managed to keep pressing numbers till I got a nice lady but wrong department.  After telling me to go through everything I had already done she realised I was not going away.  I have been there done and got the run around.

She did set up a case reference and would pass it on to the right department.  So I waited in all day AGAIN.  This morning I found an email to say they tried to call me back (I never left the house) it said 'the engineer Esther {Personal Information Removed} cannot help, because your product is IPG'.

My case reference is cancelled.  So I need to start again.

Of course I have tried but this time can not get through the automated service in Spanish.

I have returned my email back to the lady who initially did start the ball rolling and again I wait and see.

all the dtails I gave you before remaoin the same, can you help me please.

Actually I really just want to sit down and cry.  Not joking!

After feeling like you do and injecting hours adn hours of my time plus cost of ink, including buying "home" region ink on a trip back to the UK I gave up.  HP lead me more than once so from November to Feb I worked on this.  No they do not call back as promised.  I tossed in the recycle bin two weeks ago and you know my only regret other than buying in teh first place was not filming a total destruction of the unit (like inteh movie office).  Like others I'll look to an alternate manufacture in future not only for my printer needs but also regarding my CD burner, laptop, monitor, scanner, all in one printer, docking station paper, photo paper which are all HP at the moment - phase out in progress

HP Recommended

@fecomputeridiot wrote:
After your post I have also written to the CEO. I will keep the forum informed. Also suggested the CEO reads these posts on the forum. I agree not the way to run a company and not what I expected when I bought HP products with a worldwide service!.

a letter to the ceo will get you a call back.  Ask for case number.  I initialy only wanted to share my terrible tech support  experince with CRM but when they said they could help me I was up for having another go at it, it took a few weeks.  Then they called back and I printed the data page as requested and emailed them, they said not the right page, I said tell me which one you need.  That was the last time I heard from them I called two more times with case number to ask what page I need to print.  They closed the case file and never heard from them again, never had a result or closure as far as I was concerned.  I hope you get a result please let me know if you do.  Beyond frustrated I thew out my HP printer.  Only wish I would have taken video of me destroying it like the seen from teh movie office, and posted to YouTube.

HP Recommended

@fecomputeridiot wrote:

Bob thank you again for your posts. 

No I did not receive an email from HP.

I am now at the stage were l think I will never be able to use my printer, and my original colour ink cartridge has nearly finished.  I had thought I would have to buy a new printer but NOT HP. 

However yesterday I tried one more time and contacted the Spanish automated Customer Service, difficult in Spanish but just kept pressing keys and it defaulted to a Spanish lady who did not speak English.  She redirected me to a gentleman in America, but alas he could not help and he could not give me a reference number as 'the sytem' was being updated.  He took all our details and promised to call me on Monday morning.  I will let you know how I get on. 

From previous posts the reset does sound technical.

I do not believe it is complex but you do need to provide a code to them to run through an algorithm and they provide a code to input from your PC.  They prefer to remote access your PC and do it without your intervention.  Without the critical info you will not complete unless you’re a really good hacker and a really good hacker wouldn’t waste their time.  Only certain people in the HP org have access to instructions files and decoder.  The only thing they wanted to talk to me about was buying a new printer.  Well wishes

HP Recommended

After I used wrote to the CEO it was amazing, I received numerous emails.  Some told me I had to repair my printer, another said EU and UAE were the same regions - clearly not! and the rest could not help me.  I can not tell you how many telephone numbers I called and some in the UK.  I emailed and telephone the uk number provided by HP and they would not/could not help.  So I went round and round in circles.  I can tell you I was so upset that I had given up for the second time.  I simply wanted to cry - and I did!.  I bought HP as they are worldwide with an international service.  Why do they not have a simple direct line for these problems.  As there is a region for the eu why could the UK not help!..  I should have said I was calling from the UK!  I should have done that from the start.

A very kind engineer called me yesterday and together we changed the region and all appears to be working.  He was patient and stayed on the phone until it was completed and printing.  That is what I call service.

I am very happy with Hp products but would I buy HP again?  ummmm 

HP Recommended

i've got a c3180 bought from the states and now in use in the czech republic. having run out of ink now, i fork out the cash for replacement cartridges only to discover that there's a regional lock on everything. i contacted american tech support which informs me it's not their problem and suggests i "go online and look up the number for europe." conglomerately cute.

i spend more time and money on the phone with my local hp czech tech who informs me after a lot of great elevator music and some mmmm's and uhhhhh's that my printer serial number is not retrievable and out of warranty and there's nothing they can do. i counter and suggest that my cartridges are under warranty and they say sorry, we can't help you. i get no record of my ever calling except my phone bill.

it's now been 3 hours of staring at a blinking light. this is really frustrating. what kind of 21st century management makes traveling with a printer so impossible? how terribly ungreen.

has anyone come up with a way around the regional reset?

HP Recommended

As you will see from my posts above I too wasted alot of time and effort.  My problem was not speaking Spanish in spain.

I have lived in some strange country's but never found a 'block' on a printer.

I was given wrong information, links that did not work, told my printer needed to be repaired, telephone numbers grew like a world wide telephone directory, and the UK refused to help me.  The only thing I did not think about was phoning the UK and saying I was calling from the UK because I believe Europe has the same region code - but i did not have to go that far.

I personally found that I had to contact the HP Dept for the country I was in.

When that faulted I emailed the CEO on the HP contact page and strangley had numerous emails and a very very nice engineer who spoke english called me and together we sorted my printer out.  Try this and see if it works for you.

It had been more than 3 months and twice giving up after coming against a brick wall, I even cried as I had simply had enough.  good luck

HP Recommended
Its expert day today so if you are on line ask them for help or reliable information - perhaps they can help

My computer was out of warranty too but the serial number should be on the back of your printer so nit sure why its not retrievable.
HP Recommended

thanks for the info

gotta guy on it now

bob expert seems to be both empathic and humane

if he turns out to be a strategically placed bot

i'll take your advice and call either mr h or p

we'll see how it goes

still perplexed

HP Recommended

@natahon wrote:

thanks for the info

gotta guy on it now

bob expert seems to be both empathic and humane

if he turns out to be a strategically placed bot [snip]

I have been called a lot of things but never a strategically placed bot :-). 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

you rock bob! i'll let you know how it goes

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.