Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Bob I have the same problem and HP won't allow me the codes can you help??

HP Recommended

@nigelphagoo wrote:

Bob I have the same problem and HP won't allow me the codes can you help??

What printer model? What country was the printer purchased in?  What country are you in now?  

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

When you contact HP choose the selection for cartridge warranty rather than printer warranty.  If HP support will not reset the region without a charge then please get a case number from the agent and forward that along with your contact information in a private email to me and I will try to escalate the issue for you.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have the Deskjet 3050a I bought it in Trinidad but Ink here is not available so I bought the ink from the US. Both HP61 ANDHP122 is the same printer but when  I insert the HP61 I got incompatable. HP said they will replace the printer but there must be a easier solution the printer is brand new.

HP Recommended

It seems I that I have the same problem. I have a used HP Photosmart 2573 and it doesn't accept 2 UK inks (339 and 344). I'm unable to check the the test page as I have no other cartridges. I have no idea where the printer was bought but I would assume it was UK. However my HP software says that I need 129 for a black which then would point to region 3 (Middle East/Africa) - can HP software be wrong? Or am I just having faulty cartridges?

HP Recommended

@Zembi wrote:

It seems I that I have the same problem. I have a used HP Photosmart 2573 and it doesn't accept 2 UK inks (339 and 344). I'm unable to check the the test page as I have no other cartridges. I have no idea where the printer was bought but I would assume it was UK. However my HP software says that I need 129 for a black which then would point to region 3 (Middle East/Africa) - can HP software be wrong? Or am I just having faulty cartridges?

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.  I think they can determine the original country of sale based on the printer serial number.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

Im having the same loop here with a Photosmart C309g purchased in the UK originally it used 364 cartridges in Canada I can only get 564 units.

Have been round and round with HP support but no sucess and noi case number provided. What information do you need to work your magic with this unit?

Thanks in advance you are a star!

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

Status update on this..After another hour and fifteen minutes HP North America support have told me I need to call UK support for this region reset issue as only the UK support team have the necessary codes. This is after I spent three hours the night before reading all the printer paramaters for them and giving them North American support desk all the info to generate the reset codes.

I find this somewhat amazing considering HP are allegedly a leading GLOBAL IT COMPANY. Apparantly I can run my small business over the internet with no file access issues from anywhere in the world but HP cannot! Please they seem to have got supporting North America via India working!.... They did kindly give me a UK Local rate number and emphatically told me it was toll free.

What they omitted to tell me was its a 9 to 5 line so its closed by the time I get home here in eastern Canada so less than useful and potentially very expensive if it did work as I have yet to have a call below an hour in length, which would now be international!

The NA support team did however finally manage to get a support reference number for this case now so I hope this forum may save the day...I have all the diagnostic numbers and a support refernece number  

I just need a hero to find me someone to generate the codes in HP....please guys.

Thanks in anticipation

Paul

HP Recommended

I am getting the same run-around.  Even though I explained that this ia a cartridge warranty issue, HP USA refuses to provide support.

I have a 1050A purchased in the UK in March.  It is still in warranty.   As with previous posts, HP USA is telling me that I need to call England.  They claim the number is toll-free, but it is a UK toll-free number, which is not a free call from the US.   Also, the HP USA person was an almost unintelligible employee at a call center in India, and she admitted that even if I call HP in the  UK, I would still be talking to someone in a call center in India  - possibly the same call center.

HP is supposed to be a global company.  Yet they will not vene provide support for cartridges bought here, or a printer legally purchased and imported here.  If anyone on this forum can help, I would appreciate it.

This is not the first time HP has screwed me.  Some years ago we bought an HP 320 all-in-one.  Within six months a new version of Windows came out, and HP refused to provide drivers for the 320.  Even though it was still under warranty.

Lesson learned: no more HP products, ever again.

HP Recommended

Further to my previous post:  some posts refer to printing a test page, or a page with information that the "support" people need.    How is that possible when I do not have a 301 cartridge (I packed and shipped the printer without the ink just in case the cartridges leaked)?   If the printer will not recognize the 61 cartridge, then printing a test page before a reset is a logical impossibility.  Or is this what HP wanted to happen? 

The information - or I should say, false promise - on the HP web page says that I need a set of new cartridges, not the old ones, so I assume there is a way to do a reset if only HP "Support" would live up to their legal obligations under the warranty.

HP Recommended

Hello,

we bought a smal flower and golfball printer in China;

It's comes with HP802 cartrigde.

In Europe it's is HP301, but dosn't work

Because it isn't a HP printer but only has parts of it. Technical support won't help us.

How can i change the region code myself.

It works with driver:  HP deskjet 1000 J100a

Thanks for helping me, so i can buy HP cartrigde local

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.