03-21-2014 09:44 AM
My HP OfficeJet 6500A is unable to scan. The error message is san driver unable to communicate. I have windows 8. I have tried switching everything off and this will help occasionally on flat screen.
When I try to use docufeed it will pull the first page through and then stop and send the commuication error.
03-24-2014 10:00 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are getting a communication error when trying to scan with your HP Officejet 6500A.
I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.
If you are still running into the error, please continue here: A 'No Computer Detected' or 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanning.
Let me know the outcome, I will watch for your reply.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)