Question

Student
TimKSU
Message 1 of 2 (91 Views)

Scan driver unable to communicate (using windows 8)

My HP OfficeJet 6500A is unable to scan.  The error message is san driver unable to communicate.  I have windows 8.  I have tried switching everything off and this will help occasionally on flat screen.

When I try to use docufeed it will pull the first page through and then stop and send the commuication error.

Any suggestions...Tim

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)

Re: Scan driver unable to communicate (using windows 8)

Hello TimKSU,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I understand you are getting a communication error when trying to scan with your HP Officejet 6500A.

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

If you are still running into the error, please continue here: A 'No Computer Detected' or 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanning.

Let me know the outcome, I will watch for your reply.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation