03-21-2014 09:44 AM
My HP OfficeJet 6500A is unable to scan. The error message is san driver unable to communicate. I have windows 8. I have tried switching everything off and this will help occasionally on flat screen.
When I try to use docufeed it will pull the first page through and then stop and send the commuication error.
03-24-2014 10:00 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are getting a communication error when trying to scan with your HP Officejet 6500A.
I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.
If you are still running into the error, please continue here: A 'No Computer Detected' or 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanning.
Let me know the outcome, I will watch for your reply.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)