Question

Tutor
Florio
Message 1 of 2 (91 Views)
Accepted Solution

Still having problems installing printer

Hi everyone,

I posted for the first time the other day regarding with my old Deskjet F2280 all-in-one printer, which had given me no trouble at all until very recently. Out of the blue I was suddenly asked to reinstall the software, which has ended up creating various problems.

To cut a long story short, I followed the advice kindly given by people on this forum, and the situation seemed to have been solved; I actually marked it as such. The following day, however, as soon as I turned on my laptop, I was welcomed by a message telling me that the printer had not  been successfully installed.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling (both with and without Microsoft Fix-it), removing registry commands, etc, and nothing appears to work. The installation process seems  to run smoothly, but during the final set up phase, after the preparation and then the installation, the computer always crashes or blocks .

I cannot understand why this problem suddenly came up, or how I possibly fix it.

I'd be really grateful if someone here has some an alternative fix.

Thanks.:smileyfrustrated:

Florio

Tutor
Florio
Message 2 of 2 (60 Views)

Re: Still having problems installing printer

[ Edited ]

Finally managed to solve the problem myself after a day and a half of attempting everything under the sun!

The answer lies in installing only the bare essentials: the standard HP installation package includes all sorts of applications, for photoediting, for the purchase of HP products online etc (can't remember them all at the moment), and I didn't originally realise that it is possibile to choose exactly which ones to install. I chose just the All-in-one driver software, the Solution Center and the HP Update, and then everything ran smoothly and quickly.

I get the impression that one of the 'extras' previously on my laptop must have starting created problems after being updated.

Hope this solution can be of help to someone else.

Florio:robotvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation