10-07-2010 08:47 PM
Had a 6500 running wireless that was working fine off two computers (one with Vista, one with XP Home). Printer died and bought a new one (still 6500 -- they look exactly the same).
Now, when I am trying to set up the wireless it says The Operating System on this computer is not supported. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved. Current OS: Vista
I don't want to have to buy Windows 7 just to install this printer that was working earlier today. AAAHHH!
Can anyone make a suggestion to me, please?
10-08-2010 04:29 AM
Are you trying to install the software from the installation disk provided with the printer? Does that disk list only Windows 7 on it?
Have you tried downloading the Vista drivers for this printer from the Support & Drivers link at the top of the page?
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)