The Operating System on this computer is not supported??!! (2435 Views)
Top Student
sbgrimes
Message 1 of 2 (2,435 Views)

The Operating System on this computer is not supported??!!

Had a 6500 running wireless that was working fine off two computers (one with Vista, one with XP Home).  Printer died and bought a new one (still 6500 -- they look exactly the same).

Now, when I am trying to set up the wireless it says The Operating System on this computer is not supported.  The installation cannot continue until this is resolved.    Current OS: Vista

I don't want to have to buy Windows 7 just to install this printer that was working earlier today.  AAAHHH!

Can anyone make a suggestion to me, please?

Thanks,

SaraSue

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 2 (2,420 Views)

Re: The Operating System on this computer is not supported??!!

Are you trying to install the software from the installation disk provided with the printer? Does that disk list only Windows 7 on it?

Have you tried downloading the Vista drivers for this printer from the Support & Drivers link at the top of the page?

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation