Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Has anyone else noticed that when looking at the ends of the two wire cable that came with the printer, that the red and green are reversed, that might be the reason for some of the non working issues being discussed. apparently,there are these reversed cables and you can look for them online.  Can anyone else confirm that their cable is reversed ?  I also experienced the 4 wire cable not working with this printer; causing the fax self test to fail.  Ridiculous !

HP Recommended

So where do I find a 2 conductor phone/fax wire in a longer length?  I need at least 25', preferably 50'.

HP Recommended

Order cords here:  www.cordsforphones.com  They also have various lengths, just make sure it is the 2 wire.  Have had no problems using this cord.

HP Recommended

Reversed conductors are normal in phone wiring, but reversal does not actually matter. http://www.amazon.com/Phone-Systems-Phones-Small-Business/dp/0981661718/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

HP Recommended

That was the answer, it needs 2 wire cable for voip or pots lines, and ecm has to be off

HP Recommended

I appreciate the help from this forum. Disconnecting the cord from EXT solved the problem of RECEIVING faxes. However by NOT having the cord plugged into EXT, I cannot make or receive calls on that line. It's really hard to believe that HP doesn't have a fix for this.

The only solution for me is to disconnect the EXT line when receiving a fax....but can only do so when home. HP -- FIX THIS PROBLEM!

HP Recommended

so were can i get an extion for one that one not long enough

HP Recommended

I got a long, (about) 15 feet if I remember correctly. 2 wire cord from www.cordsforphones.com   I believe they have numerous lengths to choose from.  Good Luck...:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

but if you don't have a phone line connected to your printer how does your phone work?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.