Question

Student
trwhite
Message 1 of 9 (3,818 Views)

my new hp photosmart printer 7525 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper tray

I have the hp photosmart 7525 wireless printer. When I try to print a picture it doesnt use the photo paper, it keeps using the regular paper.  I have Windows 8.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 9 (3,802 Views)

Re: my new hp photosmart printer 7525 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper t

Hello trwhite,

Please take a look at this document, which has links with step-by-step instructions on how to print various things from various places (computer, phone, tablet, etc.).  This document shows how to print photos saved on your computer, which I suspect is the specific document you are looking for.

Please let me know if this helps answer your question.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
ADAM35
Message 3 of 9 (3,440 Views)

Re: my new hp photosmart printer 7525 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper t

my new hp photosmart printer 7525 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 4 of 9 (3,407 Views)

Re: my new hp photosmart printer 7525 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper tray

Hello ADAM35. I understand you are experiencing issues printing photo paper. If you trying to print 4 x 6, specifically, these are instructions on how to print this size. Otherwise, here is generic document on printing photos on your HP computer.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Top Student
Chicosue
Message 5 of 9 (2,855 Views)

My problem is the exact OPPOSITE. I often need to print my iPad's screen shots on regular paper and the printer only wants to use photo paper. How do I direct the printer to use regular paper instead?
Student
Pamtone
Message 6 of 9 (1,547 Views)

[ Edited ]
Did you ever get a response? We too are unable to print photos from the ipad to regular paper. The solution needs to be seem less, not a multi-stepped workaround.
Student
wjett
Message 7 of 9 (885 Views)

my new photosmart printer 7525 will not print a photo from my computer

Honor Student
jimmyj923
Message 8 of 9 (798 Views)

Had the same problem getting photo to print from Photo Tray.  Answers HP gave didn't work.  Support manual didn't work.  It talks about printing photos from memory card or thumb drive.  I finally called HP Tech Support and got the answer I needed. 

I selected a photo

It brought up photo using "Windows Photo Viewer".

I selected PRINT

then Print (not Order Print)

Select what I wanted for:  Printer, Paper Size, Quality and Paper Type at top of screen

NOW THE KICKER

At bottom right is a "options" link: select

Select "printer properties"

Under tab: Paper/Quality select "Paper Source"

Chose "Photo Tray"

I still don't know how to print other documents from Photo Tray.  The print screen that comes up from "File", "Print" tab does not have this "Options" option.

Honor Student
jimmyj923
Message 9 of 9 (795 Views)

In previous post I stated I didn't know how to print From Photo Tray if not using "Windows Photo Viewer".

I actually did find a way to print on 4x6 photo paper anytime.

Take the paper out of the bottom paper tray.

Place the 4x6 photo paper in the bottom paper tray "all the way to the right" and "in as far as it will go".

Keep in same orientation as it is in the Photo Tray (glossy side down, 4" parellel to front of printer, 6" parellel to side of printer - again ALL THE WAY BACK).

Make sure you choose 4x6 size (or whatever size your paper is) so your not spraying ink inside printer and not on the photo paper.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation