officejet 8600 on boot it gives the message pick motor stalled. (5545 Views)
Student
grassdan
Message 1 of 8 (5,545 Views)
Accepted Solution

officejet 8600 on boot it gives the message pick motor stalled.

Product = Office Jet 8600 Premium

Error message is Pick Motor stalled

I just bought this last week, and it has not worked yet.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 8 (5,539 Views)

Re: officejet 8600 on boot it gives the message pick motor stalled.

Hi, pull out the paper tray(s) and check if there are any pieces of paper sticking out, bent or jammed into the printer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I do not work for HP.
Top Student
Loril4
Message 3 of 8 (5,484 Views)

Thank you for the post, I had the same error and I just got mine last week myself.  It was a paper jam! 

Student
hraponte
Message 4 of 8 (5,359 Views)

Tried it and it Super Works!!! Just saved me a trip to closest OPSS store and also on 200 copies had to do, so printer is already paid off!!! Thanks HP team!
Student
raualc
Message 5 of 8 (4,787 Views)

I scanned for the first time today, then tried to print.  I kept getting the message "Pick Motor Stalled".  I looked through my booklet that came with my printer, then called the tech support I bought at Office Max when I purchased my printer......totally uselss.  They told me to call HP and gave me the phone number.  Of course, they were closed, it was Saturday at 3:00 PM.  So, I found your site, and the advice that there may be a hidden paper jam was correct .......genius.  But, wonder why my printer didn't just tell me I had a paper jam.  Who would know what a "Pick Motor" is anyway???   Thanks you guys!

Honor Student
HP_NCgirl
Message 6 of 8 (3,724 Views)

I received the same error message "PICK MOTOR STALLED".  I thought I was going to have to return it then I received a message popup on my monitor that told me to check for a paperjam inside the tray.  Well, I pulled out the tray and that was exactly what is was, a paper jam.  There was a piece of paper that was bent inside the tray.  I'm so happy that I do not have to go through the hassle of returning my printer.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 7 of 8 (3,714 Views)

HP_NCgirl,

Thanks for posting the steps that worked for you! I am sure it will help others in the community as well. Let us know if you run into any other issues, Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
Goodgardens
Message 8 of 8 (148 Views)

Thanks so much for the fix.  It was indeed a paper jam and I'm so happy to have my printer back for tax time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation