Question

Honor Student
MedArt313
Message 1 of 4 (88 Views)

officejet pro 8600 photo settings

I use Mac OS X Mountain Lion and would like to print high res photos and documents on my new Officejet Pro 8600 printer, but cannot locate the setings for dpi, greyscale, high res. Where is this located? The only setting is a slider with 3 settings and using the best setting and photo paper results in a really below average printed image. My older color printers all have settings for high res in the printing pop up (usually under "advanced settings"). Where can I find these on the HP 8600?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 4 (80 Views)

Re: officejet pro 8600 photo settings

As an Officejet printer those photo settings are not retained from the Photosmart photo printing printers. This printer does not have that feature built into it. You may have to download an additional program to go higher than "Best" mode which is the highest default on this unit. 

-Spencer 

Honor Student
MedArt313
Message 3 of 4 (76 Views)

I wish that I knew the Officejet printer was so limited with regard to print quality before I purchased it. I never saw this limitation before and my other color printers ALL have easy to use advanced settings for photo quality. Quite stunned and disappointed that the Officejet 8600 is stuck with low quality output (HP should warn consumers that this is a low quality printer). 

Any idea where I can find the workaround download that you mentioned?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 4 (68 Views)

The software from Google called Picasa has a lot of photo editing features, and may have expanded photo printing options. 

-Spencer 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation