Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I am trying to install a drive HP Photosmart Wireless C4780  printer following upgrading my computer to windows 8.1.  I downloaded the  software following a prompt form the HP help cebter.  The set up screen says "Select Install to begin installing your new HP device" but the only button available to click is the Exit button. There is no Install button on the screen. The Exit button has an underline under the x .  I dont know what to do and any assistance would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Mark 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
From the Control Panel click on Clock, Language, and Region and then click on Region.
Click the Administrative tab, then click the Change System Locale button and select English, be sure to confirm and restart your PC as required.

Now launch the installation above which should appear in English.

Be sure not to use any other installation as the link above contain the Windows 8/8.1 software.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Mark,

Is this the file used to install the printer?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-109702-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Such beavior will more likely occour due to a incompatible installation source.

HP Recommended

Hi i tried the link you sent but when it ran it was in arabic (i beought my computer when I worked in kuwait) so i am not sure if it installed correctly.  How can I change to english 

HP Recommended

Hi,
From the Control Panel click on Clock, Language, and Region and then click on Region.
Click the Administrative tab, then click the Change System Locale button and select English, be sure to confirm and restart your PC as required.

Now launch the installation above which should appear in English.

Be sure not to use any other installation as the link above contain the Windows 8/8.1 software.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

thanks all working now

regards 

Mark

HP Recommended

Hi I have exactly the same issue. I bought the printer in Japan and am using a loptop from australia. I have tried doing what was mentioned earlier but my settings was already in english. The install icon is still missing when I try and run the CD. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Lou

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.