Question

Honor Student
abhipalani
Message 1 of 13 (3,632 Views)

where can i find the proper windows 8 driver for Hp deskjet 3325 printer

I bought a new windows 8 64bit system, i need to install HP Deskjet 3325 printer in that system.

Where can i find the windows 8 driver for that rinter. I f any one have please send me.:smileysad:

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 13 (3,618 Views)

Re: where can i find the proper windows 8 driver for Hp deskjet 3325 printer

Currently there are no Win 8 drivers for that printer.  Maybe it will be available in the future.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=82029&

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 3 of 13 (3,592 Views)

@abhipalani, you can go into the windows and fax folder and add a printer. You will want to add the printer "desk jet 990c". This will give you the printing functionality. 

Once you get to pick the printer you will need to select "HP" as the manufacture and "desk jet 990c" as the driver. 

Let me know the outcome. 

THX

Honor Student
abhipalani
Message 4 of 13 (3,587 Views)

@hplions tanks for your valublae information, i will check and let you know..............:smileyhappy:

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 5 of 13 (3,577 Views)

OK, let me know the outcome.

THX

Honor Student
abhipalani
Message 6 of 13 (3,576 Views)

@ hplions it was not success, i am not able to find this model in hp printer list......... still i am looking for somthing good...

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 7 of 13 (3,575 Views)

OK, follow this thread Shane made which should guide you through the steps to install the driver.

Let me know the outcome.

THX

Honor Student
maneaciprian
Message 8 of 13 (3,055 Views)

First of all I must said I have a archive with "Windows 7 updates for HP Printers" stollen from the same PC but with Windows 7 (from printer updates).

1. Connect the printer and "Power on"
2. Go to "Device manager"
3. Expand "Other devices"
4. Right click mouse on "hpdeskjet 3320" --> select "Update Driver Software"
5. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. Select "Let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer"
7. Select "Printers"  (NOT Print queues) and press "NEXT"
8. Select "Have Disk" --> Browse to folder where "HP Drivers Windows Update files" are and select "prnhp001.inf" --> press "OK" button
9. Search for "hp deskjet 3600 series (LIDIL)" in the list, select it and press "NEXT" button
10. It appears a windows message "Installing this device driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify.....bla,bla,bla" --> PRESS "YES" button
11. "Windows has finished installing the driver software for this device" --> Press "CLOSE" button.
12. Go to "Control Panel\Devices and Printers" --> right mose click on "hp deskjet 3600 series (LIDIL)" --> select "Printing preferences" and here you can set defaults for this printer: Paper option/Print Quality/etc.... and most important you can CALIBRATE the printer from "Services" menu 
13. That's all...Hope that will help you! Working 100% for me for a HP 3325 Printer

Honor Student
Vera_To
Message 9 of 13 (3,010 Views)

Hi,  I try your suggested methods but doesn't work.   HELP~~~

Mine is Dell Windows 8 PC + Deskjet3325.

1. first I don't have 'Windows 7 updates for HP Printers'

2. Then don't have 'hpdeskjet 3320' on the list to choose from.

3. But I continue on , then don't know where to find '"HP Drivers Windows Update files" are and select "prnhp001.inf"

4. Anyway I tried to download the following Deskjet models :  990C, 450(Microsoft), 3510, 3520, 1000, PCL3. They all don't work, all show ERROR on status. Of course no test page is being printed. 

What should I do??

Thanks a lot for your help.

Honor Student
maneaciprian
Message 10 of 13 (2,948 Views)

Ok!

Take it easy..

There is not a dedicate Windows 7/8 driver for your HP 3325 Printer but as you could see in my post is a compatible one "hp deskjet 3600 series (LIDIL)" --> this printer driver you have to install. Follow my steps that I post there. Here are Drivers colection from Windows 7 AutoUpdate:

http://www.share-byte.net/7BkeNh

http://www.4shared.com/rar/8iwDLAyW/ALL_Printers_Drivers_Windows_7.html

So....download "ALL Printers Drivers Windows 7 Update.rar", put it in a new folder and extract it there....you will see the file "prnhp001.inf" that I mention in my post.

Follow my steps:

1. Connect the printer and "Power on"
2. Go to "Device manager"
3. Expand "Other devices"
4. Right click mouse on "hpdeskjet 3320" --> select "Update Driver Software"
5. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. Select "Let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer"
7. Select "Printers"  (NOT Print queues) and press "NEXT"
8. Select "Have Disk" --> Browse to folder where you extract the archive"ALL Printers Drivers Windows 7 Update.rar" are and select "prnhp001.inf" --> press "OK" button
9. Search for "hp deskjet 3600 series (LIDIL)" in the list, select it and press "NEXT" button
10. It appears a windows message "Installing this device driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify.....bla,bla,bla" --> PRESS "YES" button
11. "Windows has finished installing the driver software for this device" --> Press "CLOSE" button.
12. Go to "Control Panel\Devices and Printers" --> right mose click on "hp deskjet 3600 series (LIDIL)" --> select "Printing preferences" and here you can set defaults for this printer: Paper option/Print Quality/etc.... and most important you can CALIBRATE the printer from "Services" menu 
13. That's all...Hope that will help you! Working 100% for me for a HP 3325 Printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation