Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C4780
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I am unable to connect my Photosmart C4780 printer to my home wi-fi network to enable wireless printer. 

The manual suggests severla options.   WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) is not possible b/c my router does not support either Push Button (PBC) method or PIN method. Wireless with a router (infrastructure network) is not available because I cant find the Software CD for the printer and I cant find the software for the set-up wizard on line.

How can I get a cop[y of the appropriate software wizard or CD?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @dpashman,

I read your post about how you are trying to connect your Photosmart C4780 to your wireless network and install the unit on your Mac running 10.10. Although there are no available full feature drivers and software for the printer model you have on Yosemite, you can install the printer using an Apple Software Update. See the instructions in the link below that should help you connect the printer to your network by running the wireless setup wizard on the printer.

HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

If you have an issues, let me know:)

Good luck to you, thanks for posting in the community!

Say "thanks" for my efforts to help you by clicking the thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and the assistance, but that did not solve the problem. Those steps do enable me to set up the printer to print when the HP printer is connected to the Mac via USB, but it does not allow for wireless printing.  

Step 1 on the instructions that you sent me list three ways to connect to the printer. 

Option 1 is via USB.  This works to print while connected, but not wirelessly. This is already what i was doing before I wrote in, and this does not allow for wireless printing

Option 2 is via Wireless Setup Wizard . However, my HPO Photosmart 4780 has a basic control panel (no touchscreen or text navigation), so this method does not work.

Option 3 is via  Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). My router doesnt support WPS.

So these intructions do not remedy the situation. I need hte software that came with the printer that allows me to go through a setup wizard. I also have a laptop running a prioer version of the MAc OSx that can runthis wizrd, but i cannot locate the shoftware.  Please tell me where i can download it. 

HP Recommended

Hi @dpashman,

It seems as though your option in this situation would be to connect to the wireless network via USB cable and complete the USB to wireless setup method. There are no software packages or HP drivers available with this model of printer on Yosemite.

When you are in the guide above, select the below example, "Wireless connection to your network", and "Change a USB connection to wireless in the printer software". Follow the steps from there.

usbto.PNG

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.