Question

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 11 of 26 (3,819 Views)

Re: Can't use HP Image Zone software with Windows 7

Hi TM.

Please tell us what you'd like to do with your images, and the forum may be able to recommend some approaches.

Thank you,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Honor Student
tm60
Message 12 of 26 (3,814 Views)

Scan, edit (remove red-eye), crop, etc.

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 13 of 26 (3,783 Views)

Thanks, TM.

For scanning, try Microsoft Windows Fax and Scan.

HP Photo Creations offers red-eye removal, cropping, and basic brightening/darkening. Click the Touch-Up tools to try them.

Note that HP Photo Creations is a creative layout program. So these tools are designed for quick fixes, not in-depth photo editing. However, they may do what you need in many cases.

We're always open to feature suggestions, so please let us know what else you'd like to see.

Thank you,

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Tutor
HPDL
Message 14 of 26 (3,711 Views)

I got HP Image Zone to work with Windows 7.

1.  Log in as administrator

2.  Load installation CD.  Find setup.exe, right click, select troubleshoot compatibility.  Accept XP mode.

3.  Start program.

4.  It takes awhile to install the program.  Be patient.

5.  Ignore any messages that the program may not have installed correctly.

6.  Once program has loaded, click next and save settings.  Ingore any error messages.

Once the program is loaded, you can copy the shortcut(s) from the adminstrator's desktop to other users or just create a new short cut.

Hope that works for everyone.   

Student
nifty36
Message 15 of 26 (2,749 Views)

Can you use image zone with windows 7

Tutor
kw2000
Message 16 of 26 (2,035 Views)

Thanks for your post.  After two tries, it worked.

Tutor
kw2000
Message 17 of 26 (2,033 Views)

Try post by HPDL dated 06-21-2012.  It worked for me after a couple of attempts.

Honor Student
DennyBill
Message 18 of 26 (1,763 Views)

RufusBobby,

How I agree with you.

I was using HP Image Zone and Nikon Picture Project on my XP P.C. and was very happy with the results I was creating. I didn't want to make trophy-winning photos, just enough for myself & family to look at . As you said, to straighten, crop and resize - and then pass over to Picture Project for brightening, sharpening and colour intensity adjustment. It was oh so simple.

Then the p.c. failed and the replacement came with Windows 8. First impressions are that it is worse than Windows 7 because it has been over complicated, which makes it too confusing. (I'm not a computor nerd !)

Picture Project does still work with 8, but I've had no success with any replacement for Image Zone.

If ANYONE has any ideas, please help.

Sorry I can't help you.

Hewlett Packard ! - - - - are you taking note !

Regards,  DennyBill.

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 19 of 26 (1,746 Views)

Hi Denny.

We've added a Saturation control (color intensity adjustment) to HP Photo Creations, along with several more creative colorizing tools. Select your photo, click Touch-Up, and then click Image Adjustments to try them. In this screenshot, we used these controls to tone down an oversaturated photo.

In case you'd like to explore, here's a link to the Prints page in HP Photo Creations:

Learn More About Prints

Saturation

Hope this helps,

RocketLife

Honor Student
DennyBill
Message 20 of 26 (1,731 Views)

It isn't that I can't use Image Zone software with Windows 7, I can't use it with Windows 8. I was commiserating with another subscriber about the loss of fac8ilities. I don't want to paint the sky cerise  or even to print photos, I merely want to be able to rotate (i* intervals are fine), crop _ and I love the image zone four edge serarate  adjustment, and have the ability to resize so as to take up less space in my picture folders. Nothing more. I cant grasp Photoshop - too complicated to use. Image zone was so simple and effective to use - especially by acomputor 'dummy'.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation