08-05-2009 10:47 PM
Hi, I have two problems with my J6400 series
1) I need to change the language in HP Solution Center and can't find where to do it. Does I need uninstall?
2) The port config in Printer is at port 192.168.0.17, but when I choose Network config in Solution Centers goes to 192.168.0.13. Where can I change the port in Solution Center???? I think this causes the printer can't locate a wireless laptop. and always says the SC the printer is disconnected, but it prints.
08-06-2009 01:39 AM
1) Yes. The language of most of HP software is fixed during the installation. To change a new language, you can try to change the system language. If it doesn't work, you have to uninstall it first, and then re-install it in a new language.
2) I think it is because the IP of printer was reset (sometimes, if the printer was disconnected from the network for a long time, the IP could also be reset automatically). You can go to the printer folder, manually change the port of the printer. Or you can delete the current printer, and try the "Add a Device" shortcuts in the Program Group to add a "new" device.
08-06-2009 08:46 AM
OK, I guess have to uninstall to change the language because W XP is ok in english.
For the 2nd changed manually the IP from 17 to 13 but then I can't print, the laptop doesn't find the printer. Restart the cmputer and by itself change to 17 again. I'll try delete and Add Device.
08-31-2010 07:24 PM
Yes, this is why we love HP - they carefully construct their software to make us spend a lot more time on getting it work - thereby filling our days with free content.
09-14-2012 06:12 AM
I have a Windows 7 PC, bought in Switzerland but installed with English-language OS and software. Well, all software except HPs, because (a) it does not allow you to select a language and (b) it has decided I should use all their software in German. Yet another time suck installing HP software - why is it always so? It has taken me 6 hours of research, checking the control panel, checking the registry, googling the web, scouring support forums, but so far zilch. To make matters worse, the reboot I did after the last time I uninstalled (which HP software forces you to do) seems to have destabilised my machine. I'm now facing the prospect of re-installing Windows and buying a non-HP MFP unless I can find an answer. The MFP is a C5280 for what it is worth.
02-01-2015 10:43 AM
It is annoying that HP Solution Center does not have a place where to set language. I want it to work in English but it automatically decides that I would like it to be in Japanese. HP seems to be trying to be "nice" but it only gets annoying. Why do you assume you know what I like?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS