Defective Ink Jet Cartridge (6132 Views)
Student
BillB
Message 1 of 18 (6,132 Views)

Defective Ink Jet Cartridge

How do I get a defective Ink Jet cartridge 92 replaced?

Thanks,

Bill 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 18 (6,102 Views)

Re: Defective Ink Jet Cartridge

Check the warranty information as shown here.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
Mad_Ed
Message 3 of 18 (5,245 Views)

Warranty should not say "visit the retailer"  Or maybe, "If you bought this at the store that uses,
That's Was Easy, for it's motto, because I had a defective ink cartridge from my HP Photosmart

3150 all-in-one.  I took it back to Staples to get an exchange.  The manager lady there said, and I

Quote: "Sorry, once a cartridge has been opened we cannot take it back."  Well, what good is that?

That is a catch twenty-two.  Honestly, I got so upset I threw the cartridge down in front of their store

and left it there.  I also told them I would not shop there again.  I think at $20 something bucks a

cartridge, these things should have a postage paid return envelope included just in case they

are defective, even if that is only about 1 in 50 (that has been my experience, about 1 in 50 doesn't

function properly.

Anyway, that, and jumping through hoops and paying postage to return something I didn't break

really fries my potatoes.  And I just want HP to know that.  Grrr.  Boo.  Hiss.  On a scale of one to

five stars, this one gets ZERO.  And please, don't tell me to read the warranty, I did.  And I don't want

to talk to "Mark" in Mumbai.           

Student
jdlguy
Message 4 of 18 (4,824 Views)

I have two defective ink Cart.  # 95 and #98.

Been trying to find how I can send these to HP for replacement but keep getting stopped with needing my serial # from my printer.  Can you point me to a link where I can get this information without my printer SN?

Thanks

Student
karensueshapiro
Message 5 of 18 (4,059 Views)

I have a brand new bad HP 564 black cartridge.  Where do I send it for a replacement?

Thanks!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 18 (4,056 Views)

karensueshapiro wrote:

I have a brand new bad HP 564 black cartridge.  Where do I send it for a replacement?

Thanks!

Check the warranty information as shown here.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

Honor Student
AlGarrett
Message 7 of 18 (3,872 Views)

I paid $35.98 plus 8.75% sales tax at Walmart in Morrilton, AR, USA for an HP 61 double color catridge pack on 1/17/12. One cartridge registered as though it had no ink and wouldn't print in color and the other worked fine.

As a result, I'm out a total of $19.57 for a product I have less confidence in than before. I read the procedure to mail it to Malaysia with items of required documentation.

Is THIS HP's idea of product integrity and customer service? If so, I've made a very poor product choice in purchasing my HP printer.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 18 (3,871 Views)

AlGarrett wrote:

I paid $35.98 plus 8.75% sales tax at Walmart in Morrilton, AR, USA for an HP 61 double color catridge pack on 1/17/12. One cartridge registered as though it had no ink and wouldn't print in color and the other worked fine. [snip]

Check the warranty information as shown here.  I would suggest you call HP at 1-800-HPINVENt.

Student
epiphany
Message 9 of 18 (3,651 Views)

HP 60 ink cartirdge - warranty Dec 2013 (currently 2012) Cost to me $30.

Welcome to the brave new world of defective HP products and even more defective HP care! 

Ink cartridge on first install generates 'not valid error' and won't align. Others work fine - no printer issue (yet).

Warranty says take it to the store (Best Buy).  Store refuses to take the return because its been opened. 

Warranty says call HP customer care.  HP customer care takes 15 mintues to pick up, then refuses to take the ink cartridge without 'verifying the printer fault first'.  This requires the printer serial number, and for me to 'call back in 15 minutes' when I'm in front of the printer.  Printer is 500 miles away from me.  Indian call center can't do anything because their system won't do anything without a serial number.  Supervisor refuses to take the call.  Epic waste of time.

My advice - NEVER buy an original HP cartridge.  Use a generic and refill the cartridges.  There is NO value in buying an original HP cartridge - warranty and customer care is worthless and designed to waste your time and prevent you returning the defective products.

Student
60inkcartridge
Message 10 of 18 (3,609 Views)

Amazed to read I have been having the same problem with same item #60 inks.There  must be dried non working batches out there! My NEW cartrides failed too--on two separate times. I buy back-up ink to have on hand so as not to run out in middle of printing; I buy directly from HP online site--guess what, even with expiration dates of 2013 they fail!I was told shel life for unopened unsealed ink is 2.5 years---oh yeah, mine arent't that old. AND  Ever try calling support--or chatting with them online--or emailing support, only to get run around? It's hopeless,I  lost money and time...I'm going to buy compatible ink elsewhere, or dump the cute little printer at thrift store.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation