Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet printers
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a blood machine at work that I need to plug a printer to. The supplier says that I will need to use a HP Deskjet printer as it only runs with these printer drivers.  My  current one is indeed a deskjet printer, but needs replacing. 

The new ones I see here now with wifi needs the paper to load in from the back. I would prefer a frontloader like my current one. The only other option I see is the Envy range of printers, but am unsure if the drivers will be compatible with my blood machine. The Envy is suitable and within budget as long as it is compatible. The shops here don't seem to allow a return policy on printers here so I am hoping if this forum could help me out a bit here. The sales assistance have been unhelpful with their information.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can install more than one printer on your computer. My suggestion: remove/uninstall the old printer and buy new Envy printer then using its installation CD to inslall software to your computer. I normally use 3 or more printers on my computers.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for the reply.

My problem is that my blood machine has no OS to install drivers with. It apparently has been pre-installed with HP desk jet printer drivers.
I bought a Canon printer and the machine does not recognise it. Then subsequently I found out, I should have bought a Deskjet. Am just wondering if Envy printers share common printer drivers or not.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.