HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-15-2012 07:14 AM
Hello, i have searched high and low for a way to get my HP deskjet 1180c functioning on my computer on which i have Windows 7 64-bit running. When i look in 'Support and Driver's i see that HP has released no drivers for Windows 7 and I dont understand why. The printer isn't old. It's very frustrating.
If someone knows of some drivers out there or if there is a work-around I can try I would really appreciate your suggestions because as it stands this printer is useless to me.
Thanks a lot.
04-15-2012 08:25 AM
The Deskjet 1220c driver can be installed as an alternate driver as shown in this video:
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer, HP Expert
I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
<---- If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star to say "Thank You".
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->
07-01-2012 09:09 PM - edited 07-01-2012 09:13 PM
These steps did resolve the issue:
1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del)
2. Click Sevices Tab and then Services Button (Bottom Right)
3. Under Name find "Windows Update"
4. Right click "Windows Update" and select Stop do not close / click start and type service find "Windows Update" then stop the service...
5. Open Window Exploper and browse to C:\Windows
6. Delete the Folder "SoftwareDistribution"
7. Go back to Task Manager then Services, Right click "Windows Update" and select Start.
Then go back to the Add Printer function. Be patient, this will take several minutes. You will find that the SoftwareDistribution folder has been rebuilt.
credit to http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/
i've try it and it work