02-23-2014 03:55 AM
I have installed an envy 4500 all in one printer and connected 2 laptops. One runs window 7 which prints multiple pages fine. The other runs window 8.1 but I cannot seem to get it to print more then 1 and 1/2 pages before an error msg comes up on my computer saying it cannot print the document in question.
So I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with disc provided, uninstalling and downloading 2 or 3 times with the new drivers for windows 8.1 but still no go.
Used the hp print and scan doctor. It just says everything is fine. No problems found.
Diognostics results are no problems found.
When I connect the usb cable and print multiple pages it works fine, but then when I select the network option no go.
Why can't I print multiple pages via the network.
02-25-2014 12:57 PM
For not being able to print a multi page document from your Windows 8.1 computer over a wireless network, there is a test that I do want to perform.
First you will need to turn off/disable any firewalls, security software, and anti virus software. Next will need to complete the steps for a clean boot. I have included the document 'How to perform a clean boot in Windows'. If your computer does not restart automatically after this, please restart your computer.
Once the restart has completed, please try to print a multi page document.
Are you able to printer several pages?
Are you getting the same error message?
If you get an error message, do you still see the print job in the queue?
Looking forward to your reply.
03-01-2014 07:55 PM
I followed your instructions and tried to print after the clean boot and disabling firewalls/antivirus etc. and nothing was different.
Still unable to print several pages.
Still get the same error msg, after printing 1 and half pages the error msg comes up saying it is unable to print that document
The print job dissappears from queue as before.
03-03-2014 10:45 AM
Thank you for the information. I would like to confirm a couple of steps with you.
1. The document that you have trouble printing on Windows 8.1, you can print with out an issue on Windows 7?
2. Is the two computers, and the printer all connected wireless?
3. Is it the same program, such as Microsoft Word that you are printing from on both computers?
4. Have all updates been completed on your Windows8.1? (ie. Microsoft Word, and Windows). This will make sure that the software is compatible with the new operating system.
5. Are you able to print a multi page document from Notepad on the Windows 8.1 computer?
Looking forward to your answers.
03-07-2014 01:24 AM
In answer to your questions.
1. Yes I can print the same document with no issue on windows 7. (Microsoft Word & Adobe Reader xi)
2. Yes all computers and printer are connected wireless.
3. The program I am trying to print is via adobe Reader xi with Windows 8.1. I had adobe Reader x which did not print and noticed an update so i downlaoded it, rebooted computer and tried again but no go.
4. Yes all updates have been done.
5. Yes I can print a multi page document with both notepad and microsoft word fine with windows 8.1.
The problem appears to be with adobe Reader. It prints 2 and a bit pages then that same error msg comes up saying it cannot print the document in question.
How can I fix that?
03-07-2014 11:46 AM
Thank you for the information. It does appear that the issue is with Adobe Reader, for the best assistance with getting this resolved would be to contact Adobe. I have included the link to Adobe Community.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS