Re: Envy 4500 all in one trouble printing multiple pages (193 Views)
Top Student
Shazabelle
Message 1 of 6 (221 Views)

Envy 4500 all in one trouble printing multiple pages

Hi

I have installed an envy 4500 all in one printer and connected 2 laptops.  One runs window 7 which prints multiple pages fine. The other runs window 8.1 but I cannot seem to get it to print more then 1 and 1/2 pages before an error msg comes up on my computer  saying it cannot print the document in question.

So I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with disc provided, uninstalling and downloading 2 or 3 times with the new drivers for windows 8.1 but still no go.

Used the hp print and scan doctor. It just says everything is fine. No problems found.

Diognostics results are no problems found.

When I connect the usb cable and print multiple pages it works fine, but then when I select the network option no go.

Why can't I print multiple pages via the network.

Please help.

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 2 of 6 (193 Views)

Re: Envy 4500 all in one trouble printing multiple pages

Hi Shazabelle,

For not being able to print a multi page document from your Windows 8.1 computer over a wireless network, there is a test that I do want to perform.

First you will need to turn off/disable any firewalls, security software, and anti virus software. Next will need to complete the steps for a clean boot. I have included the document 'How to perform a clean boot in Windows'. If your computer does not restart automatically after this, please restart your computer.

Once the restart has completed, please try to print a multi page document.

Are you able to printer several pages?
Are you getting the same error message?
If you get an error message, do you still see the print job in the queue?

Looking forward to your reply. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Shazabelle
Message 3 of 6 (159 Views)

Hi Lil_Lisa27,

I followed your instructions and tried to print after the clean boot and disabling firewalls/antivirus etc. and nothing was different.

Still unable to print several pages.

Still get the same error msg, after printing 1 and half pages the error msg comes up saying it is unable to print that document

The print job dissappears from queue as before.

Now what?

Shazabelle

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 4 of 6 (138 Views)

Hi Shazabelle,

Thank you for the information. I would like to confirm a couple of steps with you.

1. The document that you have trouble printing on Windows 8.1, you can print with out an issue on Windows 7?
2. Is the two computers, and the printer all connected wireless?
3. Is it the same program, such as Microsoft Word that you are printing from on both computers?
4. Have all updates been completed on your Windows8.1? (ie. Microsoft Word, and Windows). This will make sure that the software is compatible with the new operating system.
5. Are you able to print a multi page document from Notepad on the Windows 8.1 computer?

Looking forward to your answers. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Shazabelle
Message 5 of 6 (112 Views)

Hi Lil_Lisa27

In answer to your questions.

1. Yes I can print the same document with no issue on windows 7. (Microsoft Word & Adobe Reader xi)

2. Yes all computers and printer are connected wireless.

3. The program I am trying to print is via adobe Reader xi with Windows 8.1.  I had adobe Reader x which did not print and noticed an update so i downlaoded it, rebooted computer and tried again but no go.

4. Yes  all updates have been done.

5. Yes I can print a multi page document with both notepad and microsoft word fine with windows 8.1.

The problem appears to be with adobe Reader. It prints 2 and a bit pages then that same error msg comes up saying it cannot print the document in question.   

How can I fix that?

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 6 of 6 (105 Views)

Hi Shazabelle,

Thank you for the information. It does appear that the issue is with Adobe Reader, for the best assistance with getting this resolved would be to contact Adobe. I have included the link to Adobe Community.

Regards. :smileyhappy:

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation