01-02-2014 06:47 PM
I have a fairly new PHOTOSMART 6510 e-ALL-IN-ONE. This device is used on the average of once a week. I changed the black toner cartridge for the first time, and now the printer won't print black. I tried a second new cartridge but got the same result. The cartridge align process fails when I run it. I do have the correct cartridge for this device, so that's not the issue.
01-15-2014 03:28 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums
I saw your post about your Photosmart 6510 no longer printing in black ink when you changed the cartridge. I also noticed you changed the cartridge again and the printer continues to not print in black.
I have looked into this issue for you and have found a troubleshooting guide that I recommend you checking out. I suggest trying all of the steps and if you have already tried some, to skip those steps.
If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you.
If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all
other regions, click here:
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS