08-09-2012 09:44 AM
You most likely going to need to add this print manually. Try following the steps below to add the printer. Also if your printer is not listed go ahead and use the Deskjet 990c driver. Hope this helps!
- Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the product. If the USB cable is connected to the product, disconnect it.
- From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and Printers . The Devices and Printers window opens.
- Click Add a printer . The Add Printer window opens.
- Click Add a local printer .
- Click Use an existing port .
- Click the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) , and then click Next .
- Click the Windows Update button and wait for the updates to complete.
- In the Install the printer driver window, under Manufacturer click HP , and then search for your driver under Printers . If the driver does not show up under HP, try looking under Hewlett Packard.NOTE:The print drivers are displayed by their series names, which means the last one or two numbers may show as zeroes. For instance, the HP Photosmart 8750 displays as HP Photosmart 8700, and the PSC 1210 displays as the PSC 1200 series.
- Once you find the appropriate driver, plug the USB cable back into the printer.
- The Installing Device Driver Software window should briefly display in the bottom right corner of the computer screen. Wait for it to disappear.
- Click the Cancel button on the Add Printer window.