HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909n - Windows 7 Driver Needed! (57437 Views)
Student
danielchoi
Message 61 of 75 (3,255 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909n - Windows 7 Driver Needed!

I need HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909n - Windows 7 Driver Need.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 62 of 75 (3,245 Views)

danielchoi wrote:

I need HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909n - Windows 7 Driver Need.

The a909n Windows 7 drivers as well as firmware updates and other software is available from HP here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
DABecker
Message 63 of 75 (3,035 Views)

New laptop with Windows 7.  Trying to install HP OJ Pro 8500 Premier A909n (n as in Nancy) wireless.  Have spent a week communicating with HP.  Amazed to see this issue goes back to the release of W7!  Printer is less than a year old.  Was previously installed successfully on "other" laptop using XP.  Cannot install from W7 CD - error message "HP Installer has stopped working".  Cannot install from downloads (full or basic) from HP site.  Same error message "HP Installer has stopped working".  Have tried to install using compatibility (everything from XP through Vista), using administrator.  Have reset password sharing from on to off.  Always get same error message "HP Installer has stopped working".  Can install printer using wizard on HP site BUT printer doesn't work (shows up but nothing prints).  Yes, I have totally uninstalled and removed the printer (once I figured out it still wasn't working).  No HP files, software or hardware are on my computer but I still cannot install.

HP keeps giving me the same instructions.  Sort of at a loss here.  Has ANYBODY figured out how to get around the "HP Installer has stopped working" issue?  Thanks in advance.

Honor Student
DABecker
Message 64 of 75 (3,034 Views)

Forgot to mention...laptop (new) is 64 bit.  

Student
elkhorn
Message 65 of 75 (2,686 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500A 910g - windows 7 Driver needed.   Guys, nothing has changed -same old garbage. Spent last 12 hours dong everything on all the help sites.  Finally got it up on my lan using my old wired Mac and got my old wired HP Presario running XP connected and even a wireless Macbook.  But there is no way the drivers will even complete installation on my 6 month old ZT running win 7 pro, 64bit.  That includes CD and two new download package, basic and full, downloaded multiple times with several uninstalls.  Did upgrade, cleanup, startup dissable -- multiple times.  This is a $300 machine!!!!!  Now what HP??  Heard they are going out of the consumer business, wonder why!

Student
cjlittle
Message 66 of 75 (2,609 Views)

FWIW, I noticed there is an updated "Corporate" driver on HP's site (looks like it was published on 2011-08-16).  I went ahead and installed it with no real issues on a W7 64-bit machine.  I've printed successfully, but haven't tried to scan anything yet.  Just thought I'd let you know.  I also did not try any of the other driver packages (they were both dated April 2011).

YMMV, but I hope this helps.

Student
ok-1
Message 67 of 75 (2,587 Views)

My printer HP Officejet Pro 8500 is not compatible with my new HP laptop. I need help program my printer with computer.

thank

Honor Student
JRWeiss98020
Message 68 of 75 (2,582 Views)

I have an A909a model CB022A connected via Ethernet; default port 192.168.1.69.  I have 3 computers on the net, all running Win7-64; a desktop and laptop connected via GB Ethernet and a desktop via WiFi -n.  All 3 computers are at the same Win7 update level (most current), have 8 GB RAM, and have similar software loads.

I am having repeated problems with the wired desktop:  HP Solution Center reports the printer is disconnected.

Even as that report is given, the browser-based detector can see it.  The ink levels show up.  The printer will print normally from the computer, but I cannot get any scan functions to work via the computer.  I go to one of the other computers, and it scans normally.

I have recently upgraded the driver (v140.0.18.23) and firmware (DLM1FN1006BR), and re-installed the critical network update.  It worked fine for a day or 2, then the same problem crops up.  What might the problem be, and how can I fix it?

Honor Student
Ffrenchie
Message 69 of 75 (2,519 Views)

In layman's terms, how can I get my officejet pro 8500 to work w/windows 7 - it worked fine for 15 months then all of a sudden I'm told windows virtual wifi miniport adapter driver isn't installed correctly....

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 70 of 75 (2,511 Views)

DABecker wrote:

New laptop with Windows 7.  Trying to install HP OJ Pro 8500 Premier A909n (n as in Nancy) wireless.  Have spent a week communicating with HP.  Amazed to see this issue goes back to the release of W7!  Printer is less than a year old.  Was previously installed successfully on "other" laptop using XP.  Cannot install from W7 CD - error message "HP Installer has stopped working".  Cannot install from downloads (full or basic) from HP site.  Same error message "HP Installer has stopped working".  Have tried to install using compatibility (everything from XP through Vista), using administrator.  Have reset password sharing from on to off.  Always get same error message "HP Installer has stopped working".  Can install printer using wizard on HP site BUT printer doesn't work (shows up but nothing prints).  Yes, I have totally uninstalled and removed the printer (once I figured out it still wasn't working).  No HP files, software or hardware are on my computer but I still cannot install.

HP keeps giving me the same instructions.  Sort of at a loss here.  Has ANYBODY figured out how to get around the "HP Installer has stopped working" issue?  Thanks in advance.[snip]

It has been a while, but I just ran across a site that may relate to your issue.  If you have an AMD C50 processor a patch is required, see this page.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation