HP PSC 1350 all-in-one driver for Windows 7 - driver not included! (5232 Views)
Top Student
Kimberlyja1
Message 1 of 10 (5,232 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP PSC 1350 all-in-one driver for Windows 7 - driver not included!

My Windows 7 64-bit is supposed to have the driver included for my HP PSC 1350 all-in-one, but it's not there. When I use the "add printer wizard" the only PSC series included are 1500 and 1600. I don't have the installation disk (this is a work printer and they didn't give me the disk when they gave me the printer). Now all the websites I go to for the driver tell me that the driver is automatically included in my Windows 7 but it's not there. Help!

If I try to use the driver for the 1500 series instead I get a warning that my printer won't work properly or that my computer might not work at all. Which other driver is compatible, or how can I download the correct driver?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 10 (5,225 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1350 all-in-one driver for Windows 7 - driver not included!

Go to Start, Devices and Printers, Add a Printer, pick the correct port, then click on Windows Update in the lower right.  It will take several minutes for the list to update, after that the PSC 1300 series should be available.  If the update fails with a message "Windows was unable to get a list of devices..." then see the thread here for a solution.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
Kimberlyja1
Message 3 of 10 (5,220 Views)

Thanks Bob. When I go to Add a Printer > Pick the correct port I'm not sure which one to choose. The popup window says "what type of printer do you want to install?" If I select  Add a local printer > use an existing Port it then gives me a dropdown list. My laptop sits on a docking station with multiple USB ports. How do I know which one to pick? Thanks for your help!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 10 (5,216 Views)

[ Edited ]

For the purpose of getting the drivers loaded the port does not matter much, I usually pick LPt1:.  Once the Windows Update is successful and the driver is loaded you can cancel the install, at that point just plugging in the USB cable should automatically install the printer.  (Do not connect the USB cable until the drivers have been installed through Windows Update.)

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

Top Student
Kimberlyja1
Message 5 of 10 (5,214 Views)

Thanks. I can't get Windows Update to appear in the Add a printer box, regardless of which port I pick. Suggestions?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 10 (5,206 Views)

After picking the port, click Next, then the Windows Update box should be visible.  If you have logged in as a user with limited credentials such as a guest account the user may not have capability for windows update.  In this case logging in as a user with admin priviledges may be required.

update4.png

Top Student
Kimberlyja1
Message 7 of 10 (5,145 Views)

Logging in as my admin user made the Windows Update button appear, so thanks for that! However, now I've got the hp psc 1300 series, and hp psc 1310 series appearing as options, but not exactly the hp psc 1350 all-in-one. Can I use the 1300 series driver for a 1350 printer, will it still work?

Thanks,

Kim

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 10 (5,142 Views)

Yes, the PSC 1300 series includes the PSC 1350, that driver should work fine.

Top Student
Kimberlyja1
Message 9 of 10 (5,140 Views)

Yahoo! It's working! Thank you for your help.

Kim

Top Student
hpsavvy
Message 10 of 10 (4,702 Views)

I want to disconnect my HP PSC 1300 Series All In One from one computer and connect it to another. Using the disk that came with the printer, I receive an error message and am not able to complete the installation process. The computer where I want to install the device is a Dell running Windows XP Professional operating system with more than six gigabytes of free disk space. After following the installation steps on the poster that came with the HP PSC device I receive an error message during step 3 (Installing). Step 1: Checking System = complete. Step 2: Preparing to install = complete. Step 3: Installing>Set up your device now>Device detected>Product connected successfully>All files will be installed…15 to 45 minutes…>Error window reads: D:\Setup\hpzgat01.exe –gate cue –run hpzmsi01.exe –m creativeprojects -1 ENU –f c:\WINDOWS\hpoins03.dat –Validate No –w 1376396 (second attempt 131378) Access is denied. This occurs when the installation process is from 10 to 35% complete. Step 4: Configuring your product = not started.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation