Question

Top Student
kteggart
Message 1 of 20 (26,489 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart 1000 & Windows 7

Alright I have a MAJOR problem....I recently purchased the HP Pavilion All In one PC...that comes preloaded with Windows 7....I went to hook up my HP photosmart 1000 printer..and needed to download the software..well THERE IS NO SOFTWARE FOR THAT PRINTER FOR WINDOWS 7...What do I do?..I DO NOT want to purchase another printer considering I just spent money on a NEW computer...Any thoughts or help....thank you in advance!!!!~~Katy

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 20 (26,478 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 1000 & Windows 7

Install the Deskjet 970c driver as discussed here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
kteggart
Message 3 of 20 (26,459 Views)

I followed the link...And when I followed the instructions for "adding a new printer" I went to choose the deskjet970 which is metioned as the deskjet970cse. Neither of those 2 were options..I did the windows upate for the list of printers and it still wasn't listed? What did I do wrong?

Teacher
buggie
Message 4 of 20 (26,450 Views)

you'll need to get the right driver off a Vista installation disc, if you have one lying around somewhere...

I dont remember exactly how i did it, but it will work eventually.,

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 20 (26,395 Views)

kteggart wrote:

I followed the link...And when I followed the instructions for "adding a new printer" I went to choose the deskjet970 which is metioned as the deskjet970cse. Neither of those 2 were options..I did the windows upate for the list of printers and it still wasn't listed? What did I do wrong?

I am not sure what is going wrong, but make sure you are selecting HP and not Hewlett Packard under Manufacturers. If for some reason the Deskjet 970cse cannot be located then you could use any of the other 900 series drivers.

DJ970HP.png

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
kteggart
Message 6 of 20 (26,372 Views)

My old computer that I had was running windows 98*gasp I know*...so I don't have a vista disk....*sigh*I purchased this computer in the hopes that everything would be wonderful...but, sadly...no printing is becoming a bother.thank you though for your help !

Top Student
kteggart
Message 7 of 20 (26,369 Views)

Followed your instructions to the letter..But, when I went to print the test page...nothing happened...so I tried turning off the unit..and turning it back on...making sure cable was plugged in correctly...hit the print test page button again..no printing..thank you for your help ..I suppose I'm a lost cause..and I might have to invest in a newer model.

Top Student
kteggart
Message 8 of 20 (26,363 Views)

Alright I tried everything ...and IT WORKS FINALLY!!!.THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!It's working great!!!!

Honor Student
dcytoquer
Message 9 of 20 (25,540 Views)

I have an HP photosmart 1000 - like other postings.  I have attempted to follow your directions to download the HP deskjet 970C which I did.  But when I try and plug in the printer USB cable, it pops into "other devices" and will not work.  Any solutions.

I love this printer.  I have purchased 4 printers for my wife's system after this one and it is the only one that is both reliable and durable.

I sure would like to integrate it into my new machine.

dcytoquer

Student
smartin882
Message 10 of 20 (23,048 Views)

Thankj you for this post.  It is great to have this printer working again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation